1999 Kona Kula - £295 or Best Offer - 18"?

DominicH83

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'm pretty sure this is the bike that went for around £160 as an auction, same non standard parts and some markings. Still not a bad price although the market has just set it's value.

Not convinced on the market setting the value point, there are a lot of factors on eBay that can negatively affect value, especially with bulky items that are usually collection only with bikes.

The right people being able to collect, how good / bad the photos and description are can all mean something doesn't get what it's really worth.

Just my two cents anyway.

I totally agree as auction ending time has a massive impact on the sale price, that being said the seller isn't offering postage and it's arguably harder to get if it's in central London than it was in Camberley which is just off the M3. I just feel it's rich of the seller to call it "my much loved Kona Kula" when it's only been in their possession for about two weeks. I'd expect it to make more like £220-250 under normal Ebay conditions (postage, decent end time, better pictures etc). I'd just be reticent to pull the trigger knowing what it cost two weeks ago.

I didn't realise this had been on before. I see where you're coming from but I still think sub £300 for this bike is fair. I bet it would cost a fair bit more than that to build it buying all the components individually.

Each to their own I suppose.

Back