1999 Cannondale Raven with 2008/2010 upgraded spec

Mr Footlong

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there. It looks like I am never getting back on the saddle so I am finally putting this girl up for sale - Details and pictures here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=112537

Spec for those that don't want to click the link and see the pictures -

Cannondale Raven Mk1 in Chromalusion Purpleen, new headset and swingarm bearings
Cannnondale Lefty Speed Carbon SL 110mm fork with green project 321 lefty cap - Bought New
Risse Astro-5 Rear Shock - Bought New
XTR-M970 Shifters, front mech, rear mech - Bought New
FSA Team Issue Megaexo XC Carbon Chainset with green NC-17 chainring bolts - Bought New
Time Atac Carbon XS Ti Clipless Pedals - Bearings tired as swapped the original XS Ti to my road bike, need a service - KEEPING THESE, NOT INCLUDED ANYMORE
Formula R1 Brakes with Ashima 180mm sawblade rotors and North Shore billet rear bracket in green - Bought New but brake levers need a service
Spinergy Xyclone Wheelset - Bought New
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution Tyres - Bought New
Dr Sludge self sealing tubes - Bought New
USE Atom Handlebars - Bought New
Cannondale 140MM Stem - Bought New
Cannondale Lefty Multitool (fits inside steerer tube) - Bought New
SRAM PG990 rear cassette in green - Bought New
SRAM PC991 Chain - Bought New
Controltech iPost Carbon Seatpost - Bought New
SDG Bel-Air RL Ti saddle - Bought New
Spezialized Zee Bottle Cage - Bought New
Green anodized bolts pretty well everywhere I could put them and gold Ti bolts for the important areas. - Bought New

Apart from the brake levers needing a service, I have done well under 80 miles on this bike since I built her!

There is one issue with the frame, not structural though! When I got the frame originally, somebody had clearly tried to fit hydraulic brakes, but without understanding that the pipework could be taken apart and fed through the cable guides. They cut into a few of them in order to to put the rear disc caliper cable in.... It is an annoyance but other than that everything works as it should, just need to take a couple of closeup pics of that....

I am in Mytchett, near Camberley in Surrey. I wouldn't be happy with trying to ship her, ideally buyer collects and checks her over. I am after £800 (NOW £650, I need the space!!!), the forks alone cost me that much!

Thanks,

Nick :)

Re:

Awesome colour scheme and a cracking looking bike.
If this doesn't sell as a whole bike and you do split I'd be very interested in the frame/fork combo.
GLWTS though.

Thanks, but I just don't have the time to part her out, the house takes up all my evenings and weekends when the job isn't :(.

Surely somebody else that does have the time could buy this, part her out and keep the parts that they want while probably making a profit? ;)

Hmm, memory is bad on this nowadays, not sure on what sizes they came in. Anyone got an idea on that? I will have a google and see what I can find. I am 6'7" and it was a bit too small for me really, but I liked my mountain bikes on the small side to be more agile and this girl looks and rides beautifully.

Happy to take any measurements but need directing on what people want measured, thanks.

She is still sitting my garage unridden and unloved. When she looks beautiful, she is just getting in the way. I got the pedals serviced but am keeping them as a spare set for my racer.

£650, buyer collects, I just don't have the time or inclination to part her out full stop.

Thanks,

Nick.

No problem, but I am not sure what points exactly you want me to measure. If you can point me in the right direction I will get right on it for you :).

Latest posts

Back