1998 Saracen Kili Team

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":ob6wu74c said:
The only anomaly with my bike is of course the colour. Not uncommon though with Saracens. The catalogue photos and the actual bikes were often slightly different.
I have checked my scans of the 1999 and 2000 catalogues just to be sure, but the decals match the 1998 model year so I'm confident I've got it correctly identified.

Pretty sure! The '97 was the same colour & frame material, so probably just stickered up whichever 'leftover' 97 frames they had with the updated 98 decals.. Half-surprised it wasn't a Special Edition ;) Is there a serial number on the frame which might indicate year of manufacture?
The way you've built it with the red additions is very similar to the '97 Catalogue pics in the archive http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... n_1997.pdf; I remember lusting after one of these in 1998 -partly as the colour is fantastic, but my budget didn't stretch that far!

I'm sure there was a review in one of the mags in '98 of the Kili team (with the Green frame) as that piqued my interest, but I can't remember if that would have been MBUK or Total Mountain Bike - I think the latter, but was 'pre-internet' so unless somebody has a scan I'm stumped.

Re:

Great work Paul. Those segmented forks are really a thing of beauty.

My missus has a GT ricochet from her teenage years with full STX-RC going strong. Definitely an under rated gruppo.

Re: Re:

Osella":3aylnsyj said:
Pretty sure! The '97 was the same colour & frame material, so probably just stickered up whichever 'leftover' 97 frames they had with the updated 98 decals..

Yes you are probably right. Looking at the 1997 catalogue the 97 and 98 frames were both built from Tange Prestige Concept tubing so it's highly likely they are from the same batch.

Kili-Team-97-cat.jpg

It would be great to track down the review for this bike.

Re:

Awesome looking bike " top job " , that just makes me want a Kili Flyer all over again :| ....

Re:

They come up on eBay every 18 - 24 months... :)

A bit more often if you are happy with any old colour...

Good luck - those segmented forks are rad and quite hard to find.

Re:

Brings back memories of my 1994 Kili Team which I regret selling....(link below)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282532

Love the green paint. One of my all time favourite Kili variants.

If you need new decals Gil M at the Cyclesged (google cycleshed) will sort you out.

Well done. Looks great !

robrybeck":3n5up85o said:
I've got a blue chromoly one in my shed, anyone interested in purchasing?

Definately going to be some interest. Price and size and good pics needed

Latest posts

Back