Sold 1998 Proflex K2 4000 for sale 90% original

The proflex 4000 is some machine really, so light and assured. I think the Noleens are great but the look is of course of its era. I will organise some pics at the weekend.

I used to have a Scott hard tail which unfortunately fell foul to a house breaking incident. The insurance money went to the K2, I was very active on the Scott but after getting the K2 I had a kid and all the restrictions that a family brought stole the time that I had previously used for hammering tracks etc. so the K2 remains very low mileage.

Will update all over next couple of days or so.

Great bike, our old bike shop was a K2 dealer in Aberdeen (I was sales / mechanic there). That’s a 1998/99 model. Very nice! Especially with smart shock. Although definitely more than 15 shipped to Uk (maybe scotland) ;):LOL:

Last edited:
I might be very interested. Can you put an Ad on Gumtree (or below) with more details? I know that John Dean Cycles in Aberdeen bought a couple of Blue and Red 4000's in 1999 / 2001. Is yours from there? (As there were very few sold). Let me know anyway. ...
Regards in the meantime Kenny
I was one of the sales / mechanic at St Andrew Street Cyclery (aka John Dean). And good old Cycling World before Edinburgh Bicycle took it over. Hi Kenny (it’s James). Good to see you’re still about 👍

To avoid cross posting I’ll start a new thread for information and interest.

Attachments

• 3059F332-F5EB-433D-B512-54D7BC579A31.jpeg
    3059F332-F5EB-433D-B512-54D7BC579A31.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I might be very interested. Can you put an Ad on Gumtree (or below) with more details? I know that John Dean Cycles in Aberdeen bought a couple of Blue and Red 4000's in 1999 / 2001. Is yours from there? (As there were very few sold). Let me know anyway. ...
Regards in the meantime Kenny
Gumtree ad just posted.

I was one of the sales / mechanic at St Andrew Street Cyclery (aka John Dean). And good old Cycling World before Edinburgh Bicycle took it over. Hi Kenny (it’s James). Good to see you’re still about 👍
Hi James,
I've not hear you for a while. (the Orange Zeus from you did go to a good rider - eventually.. ) Are you still selling Bikes? Also do you know who bought any of the Proflex / K2's that went from John Dean (St A St C)?? I'd love to get a 4000 - I kinda remembered someone still had one close to ARI.
K.

Back