1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

Re:

42cm a/c would be about right for my '97 Hei Hei King Kahuna, then I could do an all-ti build :)

No, my feet flapped around uselessly as I forgot to press down :LOL:

SP

Re: The 1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project

That's nearly the same colour as my Mum's 1999 Hahanna.
Good job bud, great. :)

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":3mo2au4w said:
42cm a/c would be about right for my '97 Hei Hei King Kahuna, then I could do an all-ti build :)

No, my feet flapped around uselessly as I forgot to press down :LOL:

SP

Yes i was thinking they would suit a ti kona really well. The only gripes i had with mine are i had to put them in a lathe and file the seat of the bearing race a little as it was tapered so the race wouldnt seat properly and they dont come with bosses screwd in.

Lol, I found skate style shoes and dmr v8's the most grippy.

Kona-Ian":kyhdko8n said:
That's nearly the same colour as my Mum's 1999 Hahanna.
Good job bud, great. :)

Cheers, It is actually the same colour palmer green.

Toe clips and straps wow i havnt had a go with those for years either.

Had a nice ride to Crowthorne today still loving the Lava Dome cant get enough, Fitness is getting better so I've started attacking more hills now. Spd's are going well certainly notice the difference. 2 forget to release moments so far but managed to get my foot out in time.

I noticed a strange jangling noise coming from the back towards the end turns out I broke a spoke damn and blast.

I hope everyone is keeping well.

DaaL5i9h.jpg

uh0uIzlh.jpg

Re:

Those titanium forks look great on there.

Love the green on this. I had a 95 for a few months. It was great. Then I found the kilauea and sold it on.

Thanks my they could end up being be my best new purchase this year i think haha

The colours great i just wish kona would have done paint codes in those days so i could respray it.

Back