1998/99 Marin B-17 any fans?

I remember Monday lunchtimes, going from college to Dysons cycles in Dunstable, just to stare at one of these that they had in the window. I still think they look great now and would definitely like to own one at some point. :)

Looks to be a 15.5" frame? - I had one from new, great bike made all the better for changing the rear shock and forks as above.

Looks to be a 15.5" frame? - I had one from new, great bike made all the better for changing the rear shock and forks as above.
I think you’re right size wise, I thought it was 17.5” but that’s c/t. It measures 15.5” c/c (I just checked), does that make it a medium still? 15.5” sounds small!

Yeah, I think that's a small. They do come up long for their frame size though, the medium Mount Vision I have definitely feels more like a large.

I think you’re right size wise, I thought it was 17.5” but that’s c/t. It measures 15.5” c/c (I just checked), does that make it a medium still? 15.5” sounds small!

Yeah 15.5" is the smallest frame they did and is the size I had from new.

You can tell visually from the top tube above the shock that meets the seat tube is almost horizontal where if you look at other frame sizes they are a similar angle to the top tube that joins the head tube.

Well it turns out I’m now a Marin single pivot fan.. Picked up another one this morning!
F047E4AF-E9F7-4AAA-AA53-0E29F788D13B.jpeg
A Mount Vision this time, with some tasty bits and pieces on it.. 15.5” again, needs some love or it may get pulled apart for spares. I’ll give it a proper look over in the next few days and go from there.

The mount vision is now stripped down, frame and forks are in the for sale section..
I’ve kept a couple of the parts to improve the B-17, white industries front hub w/Mavic rim, jd components seatpost and I’ve also added a charge spoon which I happened to have in white.
FA26FB01-97F4-41F8-BDD3-2E2FD625FF30.jpeg
I’m still loving this bike and plan to do a few more bits to it.. The contrast in weight between the m.v and b-17 was really noticeable - be nice to lighten this over time.

Back