1998-9 Porsche Bike S

Re:

A parcel arrive from Germany today so time to tackle the handlebars. As I have previously said the later Porsche Bike S and Votec's had thermoplastic bar clamps/stems (don't really know what to call them) anyway they broke and a huge recall was done to replace them with the original (and stronger and prettier) alloy version, also the later bars were dangerously thin and there were cases of catastrophic failure. Thanks to Spud for the heads up on this and forwarding e-mails from Jurgen the owner of Votec.

My bike came with both items so need to be replaced. I found the barclamps/stem on eBay easily but getting some straight 22.2 bars was proving trickier. Votec can supply bars but they have a modern upsweep and would detract from the look of the bike...anyway after a bit of searching I found an straight carbon 22.2 Iko bar in Germany with a central removable shim so ideal for the job.

49110739508_b6e424e8f9_c.jpg

Apart from the bar clamps being dangerous they are so Fugly!! I may de logo the bars as want a clean look

Looking very smart, mind those cable ends though! :roll:

Retro Spud":3jq8ja5q said:
What are you guys like :LOL:

As your Uncle Nugget would say...’we was only ‘aving a laugh!’

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mni-T_zwqE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Reckon we’re long over due an update on this one !

Or have you gone off and bought something shiny ;)

Re:

Yeah, yeah....I'm easily distracted by shiny things as you know ;)
Just waiting for the garage to warm up a bit. Also reaching a milestone this Friday so fleeing these shores for a bit of snow...I know, excuses, excuses.... I will update soon.

Latest posts

Back