1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o. ... Updated PICS

Re: 1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o.

Sooo Troje has inspired me to get some progress going on my Altitude as well =)

I was able to pickup a nice Judy SL for $50 locally so I decided to swap it in... needs some touchup paint but functions well =)

Also my wheelset finally arrived... White Industries Titanium Hubs and velocity hoops... came to about $150 and I'm happy with them... I always wanted a set of white industries hubs =)

I just have to put a crown race onto the judy and then it's ready to officially mount

I'm hoping to do some touchup paint on the top tube soon as well =)

Ha, you got the Judy's! I think they look great on this bike. Nice wheels as well...! I'm not sure about my wheels, currently there is a black Chris King in the rear and I have a green Ringle ready, but I'm still in doubt. Maybe the silver colour is the way to go.

troje":2zdk8pf5 said:
Ha, you got the Judy's! I think they look great on this bike. Nice wheels as well...! I'm not sure about my wheels, currently there is a black Chris King in the rear and I have a green Ringle ready, but I'm still in doubt. Maybe the silver colour is the way to go.

Thx! Yea, Judy's are defiantly the right choice (and factory issued) for this frame

Mine say Long Travel... is that what they came with?? What are yours?

It was kind of a fluke that I came across these wheels... it was a random online bike store that had some stuff on eBay..

Silver for the hoops looks great. I was going to go that route until these randomly popped up.

Did you get the green ringle hub from me? I can't remember.... sold one a while back

Correct me if I'm wrong but BITD many bikes came with a rear hub that matched the group (XT or XTR) and a Ringle front hub (I think Kona did this a lot)... so a green ringle front hub and CK rear hub would not be out of place at all.. I think the only thing I would do is match the hoops =)

I noticed that you have the long travel version. No, mine are the regular one. I think Fluffy Chicken is the expert here who can tell the differences. Great find on those wheels!

Yeah, I think I got that green Ringle from you, still not build up, waiting for the right idea which rear hub I would use and what (colour) rims I should use.

troje":3kpjf20a said:
I noticed that you have the long travel version. No, mine are the regular one. I think Fluffy Chicken is the expert here who can tell the differences. Great find on those wheels!

Yeah, I think I got that green Ringle from you, still not build up, waiting for the right idea which rear hub I would use and what (colour) rims I should use.

Thx! I'm sure geometry wise it will be ok as I have the long travel Judy XC on my 96 blizzard and it rides fine (I think there is only a 20mm difference?)

I think the stem is a tad long but it will have to do until I find another one the same that is shorter... but the odds of that happening is slim to none... there are very few red anno system stems out there...

Still need to take it outside for some better pics but found a new seat... :D

Took it outside for some better pics... new flite and some other minor additions... almost done... ... ...

Re:

Looking good buddy :cool:

Better with the black Flite on it too IMO . Now get it finished! I want pictures out on the trail ! ;)

Back