1997 PROFLEX 857 - WAY BIG RED

Re:

so the bike sat on a stand for 4 years collecting dust. the paint touch ups are not up to my standards so eventually I will have to redo them, including new top tube decals... which really would cost more than the value of the front triangle.

so the other day i just said f@"k it and built this...since the pic I got a Thompson post and paul chain keeper.

It is by far the best mtb I have ever ridden. super light, climbs like a goat and the deore xt 1x10 system is a dream. the fork is amazing. they finally got it right in the last year. this is my daily rider off road.

all nos parts and wheels are stored. I'm not sure what I'll do with em.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 377
I remember drooling over Pro Flexes in late 90's mountain biking magazines. That's well nice.

Do the new shocks make a difference to how it rides? ISTR the biggest gripe with particularly the older elastomer sprung ones was the general crappiness of the shocks.

Re:

hi Adam thx for the reply

at first i hated the risse air shock. it seemed to have too much stichion, but once you get the air pressure correct for your weight..+/- 5 pounds, it works extremely well. the main advantage is steering and lateral stiffness.

I found all my proflexes on eBay or Craigslist us by using adhuntr.com.

Back