1997 Nuke Proof Reactor hardtail

Re:

Just a silly idea on the bearing side , could you get something close to the size you need and get it ground to size ? Just love the work on this build :cool:

syncrosfan":28puybzi said:
Good news guys! I just got an e-mail back from the CNC guy. The price on three sets of braces is going to be 275$(a set of upper and lower brace) with everything done and anodized.
A slight increase but still pretty good. I also asked him about the additional price of having the Nuke Proof logo engraved into the upper brace, he said it would be an additional 30$ if we do it before the anodizing(which makes the most sense) and 40$ if we do it after the anodizing (in case someone doesn't want the engraved logo, additional machine set-up cost). Here's a quick Idea of what that might look like.
Let me know if you're interested in having the engraved logo as well or not.

Hi,

I would be interested too.
Mine is missing the 2 bridges too.

I'll send you a pm

Thanks
Jeroen

Re:

Just found this bearing on the Simply bearing site on e-bay , lower headset bearing £13 post free !!
ENDURO B5462RSMAX Max Type Headset Bearing 2-7/8x9/32 inch
see what you guys think size wise :D worth a shot :?

Re: Re:

royboy2cv":343qp2b0 said:
Just found this bearing on the Simply bearing site on e-bay , lower headset bearing £13 post free !!
ENDURO B5462RSMAX Max Type Headset Bearing 2-7/8x9/32 inch
see what you guys think size wise :D worth a shot :?
Here's the info I got when I was looking into this a while back:
The upper headset bearing is a standard Cannondale 1 1/2" bearing, cheap and plentiful available. The lower bearing however, now that's the big issue.
I did months of research and I only found one manufacturer of a thin section angular contact bearing in the dimensions: 73mmOD x 58.6mmID x 7mm thick. The manufacturer is Timken and their chassis number for this size bearing is: 3746. So the bearing would be called something like: S3746ZZ, or C3746ZZ, or S3746ME depending of the types of seals
It doesn't look like the bearing is angular contact?

Re:

I agree it does not , but with little or no other option open to us Nuke owners what are you going to fill that voyed with , also that bearing should that some angular alinement , any how i have ordered one and i will let you know how it looks ;)

I was thinking exactly the same. Angular contact seems a little overkill, and for it to be of any use, it would need one at both else. No headset I've used has angular contact bearings, they seem to be best suited for things that rotate quickly and have some axial load. Surely the fork goes up and down (there may be a little flex of course) so standard deep groove bearings should be fine right?

Let me know if it fits or not as I'll grab some too.

Do you know what bearings are needed for the needle rollers? Do you have any bolts and fittings for these?aside from the braces, thsee are the other parts I need.

Re:

look up HK0912 13od x 9id x 12long , deep drawn needle roller open ended bearings , go to simplybearings , ( have not looked on e-bay yet ) looking at making the pivot parts , some time !!!!!
Bloody hell only got the thing Monday :face palm: £3.99 SKF on e-bay free post :D

Top headset bearing ENDURO B5432RSMAX £19 , again Simply bearings ! :D

Re:

Hi , been looking at jango post of his Reactors pictures and they raise some questions , so needing HELP on the details on the fork braces , making 5 sets but i am unsure of the detail on how the link arms ( top and bottom ) connect to the braces , i see from one of your pictures of the top brace i can see a counter bore ( or spot face ) on the raised part of the scollop , is this an insert ? i have got this far and a little stuck at the moment .

Photo0219_zpsoy8fgweo.jpg

I also have a run of about 5 sets of the top hat bushes being made out of a stainless steel that is heat treatable which will make it work with the needle roller bearings , its the bolt that goes through this bhttp://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y4 ... 7pq.jpgush to the fork bush that i'am concerned about , what that bolt goes into , 1 a thread in the Ali fork brace or , 2 is there a threaded insert in the brace ?

the problem is this is all i have to work with

Photo0206_zpsuymdjg0f.jpg

Photo0216_zpsmlj72dbc.jpg

Lastly i have got hold of a pair of Nukeproof hubs so what rims would you suggest to mate them with ( not going too mad )

Photo0182_zps2gktk7pq.jpg

one of the hub flanges were cracked so had to make a new one and rebuild it ( rear drive side )

Many thanks for your time and hopefully your help .

Re:

Right guy's progress has been a bit slow at the moment , dew to the fact the CNC mill is been taken up with REAL work !
So progress so far is many thanks to Kevin who has the only ( at the moment !!!!!!!!!! ) complete Nukeproof Reactor in one piece in the UK and let me take the fork linkage apart to see how they were put together .

DSCF1132_zps3emlczvb.jpg

As you can see Raul i have put the roll pins in the top and bottom location holes , they are 5mm long X 2mm dia .

DSCF1126_zpsxnkptmo3.jpg

DSCF1128_zpse63hqxjz.jpg

DSCF1130_zpsj3erqqzv.jpg

Hopefully you can see from the pics that the top hat bushes are different , one takes a slot to locate the 2mm roll pin and the other has a flat on it that will locate in a "D" hole in the fork brace , yet to be machined ,

Back