1997 Cannondale Killer V Restomod-99 Marzocchi Z.1BAM Bomber

Re: 1997 Cannondale Killer V Restomod- Marzocchi BAM Bomber

Thank you! I initially liked the original color scheme years ago, but it was very "loud." I wanted something a little classier and more modern while still looking retro.

That fork was a disgrace. I can't even find the model by serial number anywhere. It had about 5mm of travel and the adjustment caps must have just been there for looks. Night and day to the restored bomber.

Retro Spud":1napjmez said:
To be honest I love both the before and after colour schemes

But the biggest eye opener is the shocks the Rock Shox look like they belong on a kids bike

Great first project by the way

Re: Re:

Thank you! It helps that it sat unused in a relatively good environment. The frame was nearly new when stripped down. Glad you like it!

enc":3kd0ampe said:
amazing job ! who'd guess it was a 20+ year bike :cool:

Re:

Noooooooooo

Killed the Mango colcour and decals

I am still cherishing mine.....

p6pb16329954.jpg

Re: Re:

haha that thing is super cool! It was a tough decision, but i was ready for a change. Keep that thing going forever!

fotorat1":1j9enddg said:
Noooooooooo

Killed the Mango colcour and decals

I am still cherishing mine.....

p6pb16329954.jpg

Super cool bike! Really nice. Seems to be a similar year to mine with very similar color scheme and graphics. thanks for the link!

I haven't had mine out to see how it does yet. Was getting everything dialed in this week and we have had terrible weather recently. Hoping to get out in the next week or so. From a quick ride, the fork is amazing. It has 130mm of travel on a hardtail which makes it very unique to ride.

Edit: Went back and saw July 1997. Wild how well they hold up!

fotorat1":vsoi0t87 said:
cheers rupert heres my build thread:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=10

I use mine twice a day as my summer dog walk bike - have you tried yours out in anger yet?

I was planning on putting this bike away for the winter as anything flung around the back wheel - mud ect lands on the brake noddle and shock, and I can use my Whyte JW2 instead as it has disks and the shock is on the otherside of the seat tube. But....in UK we are having an extended summer - in the last 2 months it has rained about 3 times - so all the trails are dusty and rock hard!

I am still harversting ripe tomatoes from outdoors plants, and my fig tree thinks it is in the mediterranean as I have had 5lb in the last 7 days, and have resorted to making jam with it!

Lucky, I am near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and we haven't seen the sun for most of 2018. It if isn't raining, it is cloudy or foggy. Take your weather back and give us ours!!!!!

fotorat1":29lnt6r0 said:
I was planning on putting this bike away for the winter as anything flung around the back wheel - mud ect lands on the brake noddle and shock, and I can use my Whyte JW2 instead as it has disks and the shock is on the otherside of the seat tube. But....in UK we are having an extended summer - in the last 2 months it has rained about 3 times - so all the trails are dusty and rock hard!

I am still harversting ripe tomatoes from outdoors plants, and my fig tree thinks it is in the mediterranean as I have had 5lb in the last 7 days, and have resorted to making jam with it!

Back