1997 bianchi

Re:

Interesting repair. Certainly hope it works for you. Yea, I said mine wasn't going to be ridden very hard.......but it is, and it's held up just fine.

Re:

Hello, the repair worked well in the past, my son now 6'1" and 225, still hammers that Haro from time to time. I can't wait to ride it!
How do they, the Bianchi, handle the rough stuff?

Re:

Hi, Matt. The bianchi is a lot of fun to ride. The only issue I had was the cane creek rear shock, AD10? It's total air and tho I had the rebound set for the slowest setting, it would "top out" with a harsh bang alot of times.I may have had too much air for my weight, I dunno, tho I fiddled with that as well. Anyways I found a fox float vanilla at a swap meet for like $5 and figured "what the heck". It's air over oil and is MUCH smoother. Your son is 6'1/ 225???. I can see how stuff gets broken, haha. Enjoy

Re:

Thank you for the tip on the shock, I was wondering about that. I will probably follow suit and go with a Vanilla myself. I hope its sturdy, I'm only 5'8" but rock the scales at 230 myself, former power lifter, and still at it.
We shall see. I have a few older cro-mo frames that I ride without issue.

Re: Bianchi Super GL Neck Repair

Well I just got my Bianchi Super GL back after having a machine shop taper the neck reinforcing collar I had made to remedy the crack at the top of the neck. The collar is flush, tight, and appears to be a very reasonable solution to this issue. It closed the crack, and restored the tollerances with only a few ounces of weight. I also got rid of that adjustable stem for a Felt alloy stem, and am awaiting new light weight bars to install. The Omni fork has also been canned for a correct Rock Shox Judy.
Should have it out for a test run sometime this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 437
Re:

willbowden":t54qw5qn said:
I can't decide if thats a beautiful bike or the ruins of a collapsed factory, theres certainly lots of metalwork going in all directions!

I'll go with beautiful bike though as its a Bianchi and I won't have a bad word said about anything painted Celeste ;)

Will :)

:LOL: :LOL:

Don't see many Bianchi mtb's at all. I wonder why. I really like my road one. There is an alloy one on my watch list. Failed to sell twice already. In a way, I'm pleased it's too small for me! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:Bianchi Road

Hello, this one was stripped of its XTR goodies, but I'm nursing her back to health, there aren't even any scratches.
As for road bikes there is a Bianchi Volpe touring bike about 20 miles from me in a thrift store, hasn't sold the last two listings. If he comes down a bit ill have that at home. It rides wonderfully. Nice bikes.

Hey, Matt. The repair looks pretty hard core. And it will keep the crack from growing?? Interesting enough, I know that bike was only made in two sizes. 17" and 20". It looks like you have 17 and I know mine is a 20", but by the way it's designed the stand over clearance is more than my 13" kona hard tail. It's kinda like the bike is one frame piece away from being a full sus. woman's comfort bike. Compared to you and your son, me just a runt at 5-7, 145lbs, tho I do 3x a week at a cross fit style gym. It's helped my cycling tremendously, tho at 61 I still get my a$$ handed to me on the trails, haha. Like Mike mentioned in his post, don't think of a lot of Bianchi MTB's. Only one that always come to mind is the grizzly. I know zilch about their road bikes. Again, nice job on the collar repair and hope it holds up,as it looks like it will.

Re: Bianchi

Hello Steve, it is seriously strong. The engineer that machined the piece does, or did, parts for NASA. He did some pressure test with an expansion device, and assured me that the neck, at the top, was substantially stronger than original.
The height is good for me, I'm rather short legged at 5'8" with a 29" inseam, so it works out just right. Funny thing about my bike is that it was bought for a rich mans wife because she liked the color.

"Because she liked the color"!!! That's a hoot. Just checked Boston CL for bianchi and came up with several ads....

1 Boardwalk hybrid
2 84 super leggerra celeste
3 pista frame? $2000??
4 volpe cross terrain
All from August 1--2

Back