1996 Team Marin frameset (Large - 20")

tonycarrigan

Dirt Disciple
Hello

selling a Team Marin frameset which I believe to be of 1996 vintage, in reasonable condition. Photos here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmpYD3sq

Measurements:
TT 59.5cm (c-c)
ST 51.5cm (c-t)
HT 15cm

I bought this as a complete bike a few years ago from someone on eBay who had put a bit of effort into restoring it, but to be honest I am not really a retro mountain-biker and just wanted to use it as a "rough roads" touring bike, which I did (had a couple of good bike-packing trips in the Cairngorms on this).

I'm now selling it on because I have treated myself to a Thorn Sherpa frameset and transferred all the parts onto the Sherpa.

The frame is basically sound but had some patches of surface rust which I have sanded off leaving the bare metal in places. You should be able to see all these in the photos. It would obviously benefit from a respray/powder-coat/stove-enamelling.

I fitted a set of Tubus seat-stay clamps for mounting panniers and have left these on the bike as I no longer need them.

Looking for £100 posted (I have a suitable box - the one my Sherpa came in) and postage is not a problem. On the other hand, if you live in the West of Scotland you can come and pick up if you want - I'm near Paisley.

(Hopefully someone will let me know if the price seems unreasonable)

Thanks
Tony

Re:

Hi Tony
interested in this but is that a small ding in the frame under the Fuji ultralight badge? I want to do a resto but need a good base.

Cheers KenG

Hello Ken

I've just had a close look at the seat tube - no there isn't a ding there. Looking at the photo, I think it's just the way the light is hitting it - there seems to be a light/shade transition at that point

Thanks
Tony

Back