1996 Saracen Kili, FINISHED + 1st PROPER ride !

Re: 1996 Saracen Kili

"Looks sweet Dave! :cool:

Did you sell the cantis?"

Thank you - bit cruiser-like, but then I am nearer 70 than 60!

Cantis on ebay - £6 start incl 2 1/2 sets of pads seems fair.

Re:

Good price, I have a set of those on my Sunn, they work fine.

If I needed a set I'd buy them myself!

Nice project Mike think a man of your size is gonna need a long seat post for that.

Re:

Hey dude, looks like you had fun at the Peaks!

Yes I've got a long black post for it !

Mike

And my version.....looks better for black tyres and frame bag rather than undersaddle pack tidies up the sitting end IMO!

Pleased to have it back!

Re:

A little progress today,

I really couldn't live with the paint touch ups around the rear end of the frame,

Someone seemed to think that cream paint was a good match for white! FFS! How? :roll:

So I thought I'd take the plunge and tidy it up a bit. So after some wet and drying, I masked up the worlds decals on the chain stays and put a couple of coats of primer on it.

Looking better! :cool:

So tomorrow, top coat. Also I hope to clean up the wheels, check bearings and fit tyres and cassette!

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I've got it pictured in my head, nice :cool:

Mike

".... the paint touch ups around the rear end of the frame, "

Me. probably! It was my daily bike in the days when I did over 100 miles a week, all year, all weather! Humbrol enamel for quick protection.

It's going to look lovely.

Re:

I'm using white Humbrol on the other paint chips.

Couldn't find blue anywhere near the right colour, so I got some better matching nail varnish.

Seems to have had something clamped around the stays, both sides of the drop out. Sound familiar Dave?

On the seat stays certainly - P-clips for 'grds and a rack. Not the chain stays I think.

PS Just magnified photo on P 1 and clips were definitely only on the seat stays - so I'm not sure why chain stays marked so badly.

Re:

Another small update, :roll:

Got a couple of top coats on the back end of the frame, and messed about with some round stuff,

plus,

plus monkey,

Equals,

Mike

Latest posts

Back