1996 Saracen Kili, FINISHED + 1st PROPER ride !

Re:

Thanks LGF, ;) I've just seen your noodle :roll:

I did wonder about using a noodle, but thought it would be too short. :roll:

FWIW, this one may be too small for you, at 19 1/2" c-t

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":g9no3rpi said:
Does that mean the headbadge I took off was original? ! :facepalm: Oh bugger! Looked like the sort of thing a kid would stick on :roll:
Nice bike, are the forks original Dave?

Mike

No need for regret - the headbadge was not original - just an old kid me, and it amused me! I can't recall what the forks were off - sorry. I reckon these frames ride VERY well. I also had one that had been powder coated all-white and have just bought it back!

Nearly done - changing the cantis to vees (see the Classifieds!

Re:

Classy decals ! :cool:
Very posh fork too!

I do have both Vbrakes/gripshift along with cantis/thumbies options.

What would YOU do?

Re: 1996 ? Saracen Kili

Vs and thumbies for me/mine! Cantis mean extraneous bits for hanging wires off and (at least with my settiing up ability) don't work as well as Vs. And I have thumbies - and always prefer friction front shifting.

Purely personal thing....

Re:

Small Saturday night update for you all ;)

I was at work this morning, so had some time to get busy with the frame and forks! :LOL:

So , after a little bit of T-Cutting and polish, it is now looking nice and shiny! :cool:

So next job will be to touch up the paint chips! :roll:

Mike

Re: Re:

coomber":3uyysh7h said:
Very nice

V brakes

Wide bars

Modern decent tyres

Colourful

Embarrasingly, yes
Although I do have a set of black Ritchey cantis I'm tempted to put on

NO !

And default Muz tyres!

Mike

Re: 1996 Saracen Kili

And....its one-time garage companion is back together as my winter daily ride (still needs semi-slicks and ideally a new cassette):

Re:

Looks sweet Dave! :cool:

Did you sell the cantis? On mine, there's only one hole in the seatstay bridge, on the inside. I could drill it out I suppose, but I may try straightening out a noodle from the top tube cable stop. Like LGF has done on his. See pic on page 1

Also need to get some small decals for these,

Or just tape them up and spray around them. :?

Too small for our Retro sticker hero to do replacements for. I could use the silver set I have, but I think black would look better.
The others may also look good on my next build! :facepalm:

Mike

Back