1996 P7 Rebuild

Re: 1996 P7 Rebuild. seatpost question?

I have to have a look deep to see if the post it the size of said on ebay, and give it a deep clean and burr check. Cheers for the feedback Trevor.

I have to have a look deep to see if the post it the size of said on ebay, and give it a deep clean and burr check. Cheers for the feedback Trevor.

You must be very close to me, I am near colchester and randomly also restoring a p7 of the same vintage. Would love to see the frame after powdercoating, it looks great in the photos and may be the answer for my frameset.

The frame has been powdercoated, and is a compromise of not being able to afford to re-nickel, and not wanting to loose the metallic finish. The job is okay, but you can tell its not the nickel up close!
(but was 65 plus vat from a place in Maldon)
it now have the new decals on, the rc35's,and tange aheadset hosting sk9 and hotrod.
just starting to put the groupset back (m950) and deciding on a back wheel. it has the pace front, so may go m950 rear if i can find one at a reasonable cost!)
cant wait to get out on her!

what stage is your P7 at Welkman?

Attachments

• mms_img1958372560.jpg
    mms_img1958372560.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 538
Re: 1996 P7 Rebuild.

hmm, Michelin biscuit / tan Skinwalls. They hold air fine, but maybe I'll keep the Tioga Psycho TT and 2 for riding on (just a sucker for non-black tyres) on mavic x221 rims

Not sure where Jan and Feb have gone! :cry:

P7 is now built. Having an issue getting the M901 front mech to shift on the xt M739 compact drive 22/32/42 rings. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288907

Old Michelin Wildgrippers are crusty as toast (have Psycho 2's for riding) but look nice!

Just re-building some Deore XT Pedals and adding toeclips, a Sharkfin and orange crud catcher and will be ready for the first spring outing. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• p7---2.jpg
    p7---2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 452
  • P7-1.jpg
    P7-1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 452
That warm fuzzy feeling when your local bike shop finds packaged NOS Shimano XT stock. I only went in there for some bolts for the XT cage pedals- what a find! now, to find some Orange nylon toe clip straps....

Attachments

• xt toeclips.jpg
    xt toeclips.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 418
Tatsunoko":1togml80 said:
That warm fuzzy feeling when your local bike shop finds packaged NOS Shimano XT stock. I only went in there for some bolts for the XT cage pedals- what a find! now, to find some Orange nylon toe clip straps....

Happy days! They dont have any more do they?

I did ask if they had anything else lurking, but to no avail. However I'm having real grief getting the bearings back in the pedals (they came stripped in bits from a seller) and can see why they went over to a cartridge system in the 90's. :cry:

Back