1996 Litespeed Tellico - Now 16 Ibs 10.7 Oz - Updated Page 4

Just got some digital scales and the bike comes in slighter heavier than the spreadsheet lists (don't they always) it is 18.95 Ibs (will post a pic up soon of bike on scale), can still lighten it by a pound and a half (Seat, Tyres/Tubes and Post alone) if I choose to but probs will not.

Also, more importantly, the issue with the rear brake boss not allowing the V-Brake to sit far enough on has stumped me, posted a forum topic about it to see if anyone else has got any ideas

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 115#664115

weight

I had a Merlin 6/4 last year and it had large diameter tubes too, but rode more like an Aluminium frame than Ti, was very stiff, weighed 1160g bare though for a small. Think a carbon seat post or Ti stem needs to be bought so post and stem match?

Finally got round to weighing this on digital scales today, but before that I received a nice package from toronto with loads of ti and alu bolts and bits!

IMG_4409small.jpg

Fitting all these took a while, but pretty much no bolt is left untouched from the Al/Ti Fairy

IMG_4455small.jpg

and close up of the scale reads a verified weight of 18.66 Ibs. (Accurate to 10Grams)
IMG_4456small.jpg

lovely build there matey but have you weighed that length of rope to deduct from the 18.66lbs?? ;) :LOL:

A few updates on Spec, combination of the below and a few further Ti and Alu bolts has taken this below the 18 Ib barrier to 17.98:

Moved to Pauls Thumbies and KCNC VB-1 Brake Levers and Titec PorkRind Grips:
aa6bcead.jpg

b33ade93.jpg

Blinged my Syncros Post:
See thread here

Carbon Pulleys:
59e95c24.jpg

Pics to follow of bike on the scale, in the sunshine.

This bike is going to be raced in the Beastway series in a couple of weeks, will see how it (and my body) holds up to it, haven't raced for years!!

I dream of below 18lbs (to be honest, below 25lbs is good for me) - superb bike.

stevec1975":17veeyrt said:
A few updates on Spec, combination of the below and a few further Ti and Alu bolts has taken this below the 18 Ib barrier to 17.98

Sweet!

Hoping my M960 XTR equiped '03 Tanasi comes in sub 18lb.
Was originally aiming for sub 17lb but decided to go for period correct catalogue build (except Morati Titanium forks instead of SIDs ;) )
M960 components & Crossmax wheels aren't the lightest out there :roll:

My klein attitude rigid with carbon white bros forks is heading for sub 18lbs and it is great fun shaving a gram here and a gram there :D I have added the weights of your xtr v brakes levers and cables and they are only slightly lighter than my avid carbon discs(people say that vs are lighter,but only just)Congratulations on sub 18 and I am right behind you,Sweet :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Updated now with Photos (Actually came out at 17.96 Ibs, which is nice):
IMG_4666small.jpg

IMG_4658small.jpg

The Spec sheet in the above posts is quite out of date now, I will chuck a new version of that up sometime soon.

Now I could, if I wanted add a Trigon Full Carbon Fork, Eggbeater 4Ti's and change to a non-retro carbon saddle, and this would then be in the 16.75 Ibs, range, but I think that may be a step too far, at least as it is, it is fully ridable hard off road.

In fact I am thinking of going the other way and putting some SIDS on it for a 18.9 Ib Hardtail, which would fly!!

Back