1996 Kona Hot

Re:

Yep, mine is 121. 123 is with SpearedHot in America. He got it from Wadsy in need of a chainstay/dropout repair if I remember correctly.

Who do we now think built these early ones? Before both of your excellent research it was thought that these were Altitude built.

p.s. thanks for the kind words too. This bike gets less use than some of my others but means a lot to me.

Re: Re:

iveto1983":1g7dk0eu said:
123 is with SpearedHot in America. He got it from Wadsy in need of a chainstay/dropout repair if I remember correctly.

Mine was in vgc when I sold it; it didn't need any repairs so, if that one was mine, it may well have had other owners in-between.

Cheers :)

Re:

Altitude took over the Hot from 1996 after Tom Teasdale built the last of them for Kona 1995.

Some (but not all) early 1996 Altitude Hot frames with a HT### serial number format had flat pre Goathead Cast Investment (socketed) type Dropouts.

The repair that you refer to was done professionally: seen below. These breakages have been well debated over the years.

I'm not sure Martin at what point in this frame's history the repair was carried out, but I can look into that. The date on two of the pictures is 26th May 2011, and one has 6th July 2011.

1996 Hot 19 HT123_1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

1996 Hot 19 HT123_1a by Philip Mock, on Flickr

1996 Hot 19 HT123_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

1996 Hot 19 HT123_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re:

My ownership/build was August 2010 (link in sig or below)...

viewtopic.php?p=824555#824555=

As Pat stated on my build thread:

iveto1983":1bx6rxyu said:
Edited to add: It wasn't sold by wadsy in that condition. It went through a few hands in the UK before it went to America.

Re:

Happy to be corrected Martin! Sorry about that. I’ve read SpearedHot’s thread and it was bought from Mousemat.

Re: Re:

iveto1983":1dkwimg8 said:
Happy to be corrected Martin! Sorry about that. I’ve read SpearedHot’s thread and it was bought from Mousemat.

No worries Pat; nothing to say sorry for :cool:

Back