1996 Klein Adroit - build complete 2010/09/26

Why don't you have the frame re-painted by him as well? Wouldn't it be nice to have a completely mint 96 Adroit? The work from that painter looks amazing.

cudfather":1hv6rz8b said:
Why don't you have the frame re-painted by him as well? Wouldn't it be nice to have a completely mint 96 Adroit? The work from that painter looks amazing.

Yes, he does a top-notch work but I still prefer the original paintjob if possible. This frame is in a pretty good nick except for the chainsuck marks and other few scratches.

Archangel":1pokcscj said:
Yes, he does a top-notch work but I still prefer the original paintjob if possible. This frame is in a pretty good nick except for the chainsuck marks and other few scratches.

Good choice. Keep what you can original and spray what you need to spray. Looks great to me! :cool:

I installed a pair of those exact tyres on my Klein the other day, thought they went well with my purple ano bits. Not surprised they look good on an all purple(ish) bike too then :) Glad you're getting rid of the yellow forks, looking forward to seeing it completed!

Well, I was having a hang-over yesterday and thought that it's better to do something useful instead of laying on a couch, so I installed the bearings & fork into the frame. The bearings were easy to install (I have Klein's headset installation toolkit) but the fork was quite difficult even though I used the heat the bearings + put fork into the freezer trick.

Part weights:
-frame incl. BB: 1730g
-fork incl. lower seal: 582g
-MC2 combo without collet & topcap: 337g

Total fuselage weight with all parts installed: 2780g

Will provide photos soon...

retroklein":1kpb94hc said:
thats really nice :cool:

strange you got the 2 inch downtube in a more modern Klein?? this one is pretty unique, no?

All Adroits until fall 1995 had 2" downtube.
This is not unique but "rare" in a sense that it's one of the last real Adroits made in Sept 1995 for about that time Trek ceased Adroit frame production.

96_adroit_3.jpg

96_adroit_4.jpg

Back