1995 Marin Team Titanium *pics added*

I can't believe that someone would paint a Team Ti orange! Nice resto. I think you have more OEM parts on your Team Ti and I owned mine from new! :LOL:

Cheers chaps. Wondering if I could find out which manufacturer it cam from - I know Lynskey did the first ones and then the 20th Anniversary one in 2007/8, but in between? Production probably shifted to Taiwan at some point...?

S/no shows;

F05JAC003
BT0261
50 02 E

This year Team Titanium and the 2 years either side were farmed out to far eastern manufactures, but their work is incredible and I'll add that they ride better than most Ti frames I've ridden.

Only the 1999 frame was made in the US and that was manufactured alongside the Xizang, and Hei Hei at Ti sports which is connected to Sandvik. This is very different frame and ride from the earlier TT's and was about 3 times the price!

The very first team Ti's in 1986 and '87 were made by Merlin and only used for racing. The first production team Ti's appeared in 1988 and were made by Litespeed when the Lynskey brothers were welding them. They continued making them up until the 1993 model and then the contract was shifted to the East.

The last batch was made again by the Lynskey brothers as a commemorative edition.

This is why the serial numbers never really match the marin frame numbers.

Excellent stuff and good story to go with it. The only reason I can think for the past owner to paint it would be to cover up the evidence of it being Ti so it could be used as a commuter and left places without gaining too much interest.

Lovely job now though :)

Team Titanium Decals

Hi, i was wondering if you could help me, i have just purchased myself a retro Team Ti, but need the stickers / decals for the frame - where did you find the ones for this frame?
Thanks
Baz

Back