1995 kona hei hei

Re:

I pointed out to the seller on Facebook that he might want lower the nose to save his nuts. He said it was the camera angle.

Make of that what you will.

No way is it worth that much.

Just out of curiosity why would it not be worth £3000 when it was £4000 back in 95 when you could walk into a KONA dealer and buy one? Kind of hard to put a price on it I suppose.

fattiman":11e3j3ew said:
Just out of curiosity why would it not be worth £3000 when it was £4000 back in 95 when you could walk into a KONA dealer and buy one? Kind of hard to put a price on it I suppose.
I’m glad that you raised this as I agree with your reasoning, but bicycles do not seem to retain the value of the original cost – compared to other Classic / Retro / Iconic items that stir an interest with enthusiasts.

I paid £ 1,099 for a new Honda 550 Four K3 motorbike in 1978. I saw one for sale privately a couple of months ago for well over £3,000. I just had a quick look now, and a dealer has one for sale at £4,950 :shock:.

A Kona Hot frame was £800 in one colour in 1997, and an extra £100 for a custom colour. The Yellow / Red / Green Flame example for sale on e-bay last month went for £671.25, which many members claimed was too much to pay.

Pip.

pipmeister":25o5ixud said:
I paid £ 1,099 for a new Honda 550 Four K3 motorbike in 1978. I saw one for sale privately a couple of months ago for well over £3,000. I just had a quick look now, and a dealer has one for sale at £4,950 :shock:.

Pip.

You have to account for inflation etc though :) £1,099 was a lot of money back in '78,

Nice bike though and all the Honda Four's are fettching good money now, some of the earlier ones are going for quite a bit :) Always look for a 750 in original yellow, but always high prices, even started looking at the 400's in yellow too but they are high too for a good one.

Re:

Pip that's true, I just don't understand how people can seemingly accurately value something like this, granted maybe some people don't see the value themselves but that doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't. I have sold retro bikes for more than the figure here and also had many negative reactions.

Agreed, wonder what £4000 back in 95 equates to in today's money?
Just checked! So today if you wanted to buy it you would need a time machine and circa £7000, or buy this one :LOL:
Didn't a similar 96 hei hei with standard Kona build sell a few years ago on here for similar money, again after similar ridicule on pricing!?

mkone":3cgk4hsf said:
pipmeister":3cgk4hsf said:

Pip.

You have to account for inflation etc though :) £1,099 was a lot of money back in '78,

Nice bike though and all the Honda Four's are fettching good money now, some of the earlier ones are going for quite a bit :) Always look for a 750 in original yellow, but always high prices, even started looking at the 400's in yellow too but they are high too for a good one.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 252
Edit: You beat me to it ^^^^^^^.

fattiman":3sf2lqfh said:
Agreed, wonder what £4000 back in 95 equates to in today's money?
I just rattled the keys and a couple of random results calculate £4,000 in 1995 to be worth £7,560 in 2018.

Pip.

Back