1995 Kona Cindercone

hi woody.....that looks an exact copy!....im interested to see your qr's are odd like mine, i think the front hub is a kona specced cartridge number....does yours have any label or identifying features?

Hi feats, well spotted I always wondered about the odd qr's - I'll take it that's how they came - too much of a coincidence. The front hub is not labelled either. Enjoy!

Woodsman":2chjwmii said:
Hi feats, well spotted I always wondered about the odd qr's - I'll take it that's how they came - too much of a coincidence. The front hub is not labelled either. Enjoy!

yep....mine is exactly the same....must be original spec!!....i wont bother matching them now.....

feetabix":2cfgddh9 said:
lee25":2cfgddh9 said:
Love it!!!! Exactly the same as mine although mine is full xt and Rockshox Judys up front!!. Its in bits now though having a re-build. I notice your in Atherstone,Im only up the road in Polesworth,but work in Atherstone :)

hi lee......yep, im here, flying the retro flag!......im in north street, near the school.......f

Ahh i know it!!! I work on the Carlyon Road ind estate...this is mine although its stripped atm as the frame is having the red paint removed that the previous owner sprayed onto it :-(
46407_431862549515_509234515_4887002_1428031_n.jpg

Woodsman":3j0n6hxu said:
Nice! keep the gripshift it works really well..

I've got one just like that

4543677472_37391e2e28.jpg

I'll be on tomorrow at Arundel

^^ That was indeed lovely.

Having had yours tickle my fancy somewhat feetabix when i first looked in here, and then seeing Woodsman's yesterday in the flesh, i've definitely got my eyes open for one now..stunning colour

lee25":37ko7u86 said:
Love it!!!! Exactly the same as mine although mine is full xt and Rockshox Judys up front!!. Its in bits now though having a re-build. I notice your in Atherstone,Im only up the road in Polesworth,but work in Atherstone :)

i wont post addresses up for obvious reasons but you are very welcome!......

Attachments

• dracula.jpg
    dracula.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,216
think they were £699 new back in 95 cos i got one - i remember agonising over a full lx orange clockwork or a cindy - glad i went with the cindy cos i've still got the kona bug now.
the front hub is a kona suspension 999 thing cos kona were too stingy to spec an lx one to match the rear - plus in house front hubs were a good way of saving a few quid, which probably helped the xt rear mech make it on there. that is also why the front skewer doesn't match the rear.
in my opinion the gripshift would have been better named if it lost the 'f', because once the weather/terrain gets a bit sh1tty they are exactly that. - i swapped mine for STIs after about 6 months.
i also ditched the ritchey logic cantis cos they just didn't cut it for me and if i remember rightly the mavic rims weren't eyeletted so in the long run had to go too.
despite these negatives it is still an awesome handling, beautifully painted machine which i spent most of my teenage years astride and would highly recommend to anyone!!!

Latest posts

Back