1995 Ibis Mojo

Unfortunately I don't get to tinker as much as I would like because there are just too many other things going on at the moment...

However I knew that the frame had two dents on the top tube before I bought it. At first I thought they wouldn't bother me, but that wasn't the case after all.

View attachment 792799
View attachment 792800

They look much worse in the pictures than they actually were, but I still wanted to remove them. As I could only have done the work myself with filler and didn't want to, I got professional help.

I've just picked up the frame during my lunch break and I'm very happy with the result!
View attachment 792798

Next step: Restoring the paint

I also had contacted Scot Nicol about the fork and he recommended a height of around 450mm.

Thanks again to you @Prodigal Son!

I already have two forks in mind and will see when I can present an update here.

Until then, I wish you all a nice weekend!
450mm? hmmm! Good to know. Easier than finding an OS steerer 425mm fork for my Ibis.

Something has finally happened to the Mojo.

The paint was worse than expected, dent repairs, rust, self-painted areas, broken decals and chipped paint, all of which led to my decision to completely repaint the frame or have it done by a professional.

Now it's back and I'm thrilled! It's as good as new.
I still have a few other things to do and then it's time to build it up. So for now I am just staring at it.
IMG_20240305_075853.jpg
I've also found a few treasures in terms of parts But I'm still missing a nice saddle, seat clamp and handlebar.

Some german parts have to go on there.
(and I think I have just the right brakes to fit the style)
Screenshot_20231231-180452-204.png
And the Mojo also needs some chill...
IMG_20231207_075131.jpg
I have to finish another (stupid) idea first and then this project will go on.

I think getting the frame repainted was the correct decision. I also like patina, but there's a point where it looks scruffy and tatty no matter what you do, and frames of this calibre especially wear new paint well. Looks like new.

Back