1995 GT LTS Build

Think I'm going 1991 Zaskar but I'll see what Gilm can do me.

Picking up an RTS-1 this week, impulse eBay purchase ;)

Minifreak":291z4bse said:
Think I'm going 1991 Zaskar but I'll see what Gilm can do me.

Picking up an RTS-1 this week, impulse eBay purchase ;)

Great just spoke to him last week to order some decals :) The RTS is a great find!

Picked up a load of sand paper on Sunday. Ive gone for 240,400,800,1000,1200,1800,2000,2500... A lot i know but really want to take my time and get as much as i can out of this frame. After de-greasing a number of times I started last night and have sanded two of each grade and washing the frame down in-between each sand. I know i probably shouldn't have but i stuck it in the Dish Washer and it came out super clean (can't believe it fit but it worked).

C8S2OWz.jpg

First two rounds with the 240/400grits

ZZrqAwc.jpg

Second round with the 800grits

Wm1Qlyl.jpg

As you can see the head tube is starting to come out nicely with the 800. Still dull but by the time i give the 2000/2500 it should be gleaming ;) Finish it off with AutoSol and it should almost look chrome.

phatmar":2um064fn said:
As you can see the head tube is starting to come out nicely with the 800. Still dull but by the time i give the 2000/2500 it should be gleaming ;) Finish it off with AutoSol and it should almost look chrome.

.......and you'll be high on the fumes from that stuff (if doing a whole frame in one go) and your fingers will be black.

from experience you then have to clean the frame with solvents to get ride of the black paste, or will it be another round in the dishwasher :shock:

for best results use finish... since they claim to make things sparkle

Retro Spud":1ay4bot6 said:
phatmar":1ay4bot6 said:

.......and you'll be high on the fumes from that stuff (if doing a whole frame in one go) and your fingers will be black.

from experience you then have to clean the frame with solvents to get ride of the black paste, or will it be another round in the dishwasher :shock:

for best results use finish... since they claim to make things sparkle

Ive given the frame so many cleans pre and during the sanding process i think it should be ok. Ive been wearing a mask and gloves so haven't hallucinated yet haha. Ill give it another round either tonight or tomorrow... To be honest the whole process it scary as one always wonders if it will come out nicely. But at least once its done the shine it will last for a long time. Good exercise anyhow :)

Re:

Nice build your doing on this mate !! Love it.

Your hard work on the frame paying off!!

Back