1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: Re:

enc:u3k9okv0 said:
Missed this first time around. That’s a mighty nice looking frame there. Did you get to find out the frame tubing?

Yes, happy with the main tubing as Titanium, but as for the rest I’m still unsure... the deep clean removed all the rust stain easy enough, apart from some on the back of the seat tube integrated clamp. This showed definite signs of rust and one assumes chrome plating! So that rules out stainless steel...& nothing on this frame is magnetic....

And, I think this component looks cast? C152FA19-415F-4BEE-B961-79074748F5F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius #F4100632

Peachy!":1vs3ueg0 said:
Retro Spud":1vs3ueg0 said:
Any progress on this one - just having a catch up after missing it ...dooh :facepalm:

Now that's spooky... :shock: I spent yesterday afternoon giving it a deep clean & polish, including 18 of these little fellers... all in preparation for sticker time! :D

Shiny....I can almost smell the Lavender from the metal polish

Retro Spud":2d2rmaey said:
Peachy!":2d2rmaey said:
Retro Spud":2d2rmaey said:
Any progress on this one - just having a catch up after missing it ...dooh :facepalm:

Now that's spooky... :shock: I spent yesterday afternoon giving it a deep clean & polish, including 18 of these little fellers... all in preparation for sticker time! :D

Shiny....I can almost smell the Lavender from the metal polish

Oh you know it does! Mind it does have a soporific effect..... I’m just gonna have a little lie down.....

Quick last weigh-in after complete strip gives us a base line of 1701g… ;)

Right, on with the graphic application… soapy job this one as the clear panels won’t take any prisoners… :shock:

If you’ve not attempted this before, don’t worry, its not rocket science and easier than you might think.
Job one, pop a little washing-up liquid on a clean washing up sponge & add water.
Apply a liberal amount on the area where you want the sticker.
Apply the sticker, then carefully wipe over the carrier paper with the wet sponge.
When the paper is sodden (a few minutes) carefully peal back & remove the carrier paper.
Adjust the placement of the sticker, then hold in place carefully with one hand whilst easing out the water gently with a piece of kitchen roll folded up into a pad in the other.

You can’t get it too wet… the only consequence is it takes longer to dry out
You may have to go over it a number of times during and after, if it drys with some edges up, don’t panic, carefully push/rub them down. :cool: IMG_5710.jpg IMG_5694.jpg IMG_5693.jpg

Last edited:

The History Man":1elzwv78 said:
Lovely job jabba

Cheers Kate Moss!

You’ve applied water slides :shock:

How are you going to protect them, when I’ve used slides all of mine have been sealed under at least three coats of clear

Retro Spud":k2dadyny said:
You’ve applied water slides :shock:

How are you going to protect them, when I’ve used slides all of mine have been sealed under at least three coats of clear

Go and get your readers... :roll: . these aren’t water slides, they’re good old printed vinyl with a thin layer of clear polycarb laminated on top to protect the print... artwork by me, production by Gil of course.

The wet application is pretty standard. :cool:

Okay this is a new one on me - your placing normal sticky Decals on a frame that’s soapy wet and they stick :shock:

I just can’t square this in my mind - all instructions I’ve ever followed for applying normal self adhesive decals have insisted the surface is clean and dry

Back