1994 Univega CB S8.3

Sweet ride... I have a 94 Alpina s7.7 which had the Concept Linkage (AMP) fork... but have upgraded to Girvin Vector 2... looks sweet... but gave a friend my AMPs to re paint and put on his Chas R Dogs Bolox.. I do have a pair of F3's with the hope to find a frame to put them on.... but alas... seem to add some vintage Alpinestars to the collection! Well done buddy... Big up the UNIVEGA's!! :D :D

Thanks for that! I would love to fit some F3 carbon forks and put a disc upfront but want to keep it how it was meant to be!

I`m currently waiting on some ControlTech parts to turn up and I have a close eye on a post too....

I will have to use a 27.2 to 29.8 shim for the post as none of the post I want were made in 29.8 :cry:

Will be going the silver route first then gather the black and see which I prefer :?

Tony.... ;)

Tony.... ;)

ControlTech parts came in, got the post and bars off ebay for very good prices!

They need a bit of a rub down with wet n dry and new decals from gil_m

Took a quick phone pic before I left work today, will get better ones when I eventually get out on a proper ride!

Still need to find another M565 rear mech and a saddle that suits it better.

DSC_0078.jpg

Tony.... ;)

Well I think its nearly there, been doing a bit of polishing the post and stem when I got a few mins spare between repairs at work.

I originally had them mirror finished but it just looked wrong so I flatted them back to a matt finish....

Only things left to do are:

1. Find a nice LX M565 Rear mech & set of Cantis
2. Polish the headset spacers to match the stem
3. Strip and Powdercoat the forks
4. Apply the Decals
5. Find an original Vetta SP saddle

Anyway this is how it looks now, not 100% on black or clear grips :?:

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Loving the ControlTech bar I bought off eBay, They are in NOS condition and must be an early model as the "ControlTech" is screen printed on and not a decal and it just bearly clears the stem clamp at both edges so would be better suited to an older clamp style.

Tony.... ;)

After a couple of years searching I have found a mint Vetta SP saddle for this so now its time to dust her off and get that 29.8 seatpost found......

Tony....

sweet...love univegas. I have an NOS 737 deore XT top pull front derailleur if you want it. pretty sure it is the correct clamp size...let me know!

Thanks! and thanks for the offer but I will be fitting LX mechs to this..... might keep the XT on there? also have the LX cantis waiting to go on!

Tony....

Saddle arrived from the USofA and its spanking! never been used at all!

Just need the LX f/mech now and it will be finished......

Tony....

Back