1994 S-Works Steel

Damnitt Zero that really is a great looking bike. Yours should be an example to us all, the angles, the stem lengths / heights, etc.

Thanks much for all the positive feedback.

ameybrook -

I think the 16"/17" frame size lends itself very well to an "idealistic-looking" build: not so small to really look small, but small enough to have a relatively aggressive sloping top tube angle and require a taller/more aggressive rider to run the post long.

At ~5'8"/5'9" I'm either a tall 16"/17" or a short 18" rider. I've found that the typically shorter top tube and decreased standover of the 16"/17" frames really improve my control and overall ride experience. The long-n-low cockpit also plays a large part in keeping a balanced front/rear weight distribution for technical XC riding and in the saddle ascents. :twisted:

I think the setup looks pretty cool myself, but there's a lot of function behind it (for my riding style anyway).

icanthinkofausername -

Writing this will probably get me kicked off this forum, but I'm just not a purple-ano kinda guy. I hope everyone understands. ;)

That is so so nice, really clean and tidy and uncluttered, and even though there no after market parts they all like they came on the bike if that makes sense well done matey.

Mr. Zero":eftg7xll said:
Weight: 22.3 lbs.

:shock:

Awesome Zero.. Those FSXs just look so right.. Can't get over that weight, for a steel Hardtail that is great.. What does the naked frame weigh?

Ooh, the a in naked just got asterisked!

If I recall correctly the naked frame is ~3.5lbs. Typical for a high-end Prestige frame really. Most of my high-end steel bikes have built up at between 21-22lbs. with nice bits, but nothing horribly exotic and/or expensive.

Latest posts

Back