1994 Manitou HT

Now...Can someone help me out?

I've always been led to believe that the seatpost for this is some mythical thing in a diameter unknown to human beings and made from Unicorn horn...However the brochure says it's 31.6 and those are readily available?

IMG_3330.jpeg

Am I missing something!?

The Answer Manitou HT & FS seat post is Ringlé made and a specific version that was not available in normal retail store. The diameter always was a special 31.8 mm.

Maybe they changed it in 1995 or so ...

Besides the fact that (my opinion) the whole Manitou frame construction and especially the materials were a complete epic failure especially the seat post was dumb as hell! The seat tube was larger and it still in the end needed a factory shim to take the seat post. Concentrating the stress on the seat post to a small area instead of distributing force and stress to the complete seat post by using a perfectly fitting diameter to the frames seat tube. Anyways ...

The Answer Manitou HT & FS seat post is Ringlé made and a specific version that was not available in normal retail store. The diameter always was a special 31.8 mm.

Maybe they changed it in 1995 or so ...

But 31.8 is readily available too dude??? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back