1994 Kona Kilauea

I finally got round to taking some more pics, and couldn't believe it when I saw it was 3 years ago I originally posted on here! Anyway, here are some (and I will apologise in advance for the tyres...)

This is at it was when I bought it as a student in 1995
IMG_6690 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

With my 91 Cindercone that it replaced. I sold it shortly after.
IMG_6687 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

And here it is as it is now. Not much has changed! A few anodized bits, grips, the forks and a few stickers all done in the late 90s, and the more recent tyres. Everything else is original.
IMG_6435 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

IMG_6437 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

IMG_6438 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

IMG_6439 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

Unfortunately I sold the project 2s around 2002 I think. I've been trying to find a replacement pair. Thought I'd found some on eBay which are in great condition, but turned out to be 95s and are much more different in colour than I thought. If anyone has any 94 triple butted project 2s lying around (for a 19" frame - 143mm steerer) I'd be very grateful. I'm getting to the point of buying another whole bike to get a pair!

IMG_6441 by Stuart Humphries, on Flickr

Not sure I will ever sell it. I used to dream of a Hei Hei, and spent hours in my teens speccing them up with a huge amount of titanium, but I still don't think it could replace the bike I've had for nearly 20 years.

Back