1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium Build - UPDATE!!

a kona needs kona parts… ti stem, bar, post and if possible fork. but that's just me.

RockiMtn":3owvxjv5 said:
a kona needs kona parts… ti stem, bar, post and if possible fork. but that's just me.

True... The Ti bar is Kona, but Ti Kona stem/fork/post are unicorns I will never find =)

stem and post i don't think are impossible, the fork however…

RockiMtn":3bpast21 said:
stem and post i don't think are impossible, the fork however…

True... But if they do show up I can always swap them out... think of this as more of a temporary build until I find all the proper Ti bits... Ideally I would like it to be full Ti like in the catalog

=)

cyclotoine":2b9zzdls said:
Or you could have some ti blades made up for the fork...

I always wanted to do that but it would probably be ultra expensive...

Shouldn't be that bad. If you can find the right diameter tubing you just have to cut it to length and bond in some original dropouts and then have someone weld on the bosses, maybe add a reinforcing sleeve at the top... Or just have them made with to drop outs. It would cost less than having a new ti fork made.

cyclotoine":2y1f0pg7 said:
Shouldn't be that bad. If you can find the right diameter tubing you just have to cut it to length and bond in some original dropouts and then have someone weld on the bosses, maybe add a reinforcing sleeve at the top... Or just have them made with to drop outs. It would cost less than having a new ti fork made.

True... I'm going to look into it for sure.. I'm guessing DeKerf would be a good start? any other ideas of places that do Ti bike frame building?

I had a set of RC31 forks on my Kona Hei Hei and it did look the part. With your build I'd be tempted to go all out black components, Syncros stem, forks cranks, your half way there and a less expensive route than getting some Ti forks for her

Cheers

Rich

Rich":1kh1nk0u said:
I had a set of RC31 forks on my Kona Hei Hei and it did look the part. With your build I'd be tempted to go all out black components, Syncros stem, forks cranks, your half way there and a less expensive route than getting some Ti forks for her

Cheers

Rich

I agree on the RC 31, they look too modern...

I have a full syncros kit but it really belongs on a Rocky Mountain frame, not a Kona

Right now I have it narrowed down to a couple options:

- Tange Struts
- Tange Switchblade
- Brodie Gatorblade
- Rock Shox Mag 21 SL Ti

Tange stuts wasn't something I originally wanted but they look so boss on a Ti frame!

I will do some mockup pics on Friday =)

Back