1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium Build - Suggestions??

You need the late model Kona Dog Collar in the XTR blueish colour, it would match the 950 and you could then just drill it out a bit larger to seat the housing.

IMG_6034.jpg

Maybe there was a later version for V-brakes.. I don't know..

There are lots of clamps out there by origin 8 or tektro that would work too.

26489.jpg

1zistg.jpg

cyclotoine":c10o3ndh said:
You need the late model Kona Dog Collar in the XTR blueish colour, it would match the 950 and you could then just drill it out a bit larger to seat the housing.

Maybe there was a later version for V-brakes.. I don't know..

There are lots of clamps out there by origin 8 or tektro that would work too.

Ooooo Cool thanks!!

Always hard choosing kit on Kona frames, Syncros stuff looks soooo good on them, but everyone goes for it...like the idea of a Project Twos on the ti frame...would look Mint, not too sure about the Marzocchi, looks heavy and clunky on such a skinny frame, though i know they were specced on later Konas...

Have you considered Suntour XC Pro...not sure if it was still being equipped on frames in 94?

Just my thoughts...hee

Rich

Rich":34qf5bsh said:
Always hard choosing kit on Kona frames, Syncros stuff looks soooo good on them, but everyone goes for it...like the idea of a Project Twos on the ti frame...would look Mint, not too sure about the Marzocchi, looks heavy and clunky on such a skinny frame, though i know they were specced on later Konas...

Have you considered Suntour XC Pro...not sure if it was still being equipped on frames in 94?

Just my thoughts...hee

Rich

Thanks! I'm putting XC pro on my 1989 Ti Merlin so I don't want to duplicate but you are 100% correct, XC pro looks awesome on Ti frames =)

As for fork right now I am on the hunt for a pace RC30. The only problem is that they are super rare... So something like that would fit the bill. The alternative choice will always be a project 2, but I'm in no rush so I'll keep looking for now =)

Thanks!

We had a 94 Hei Hei in the shop that I manage for the last couple of days. CBR cranks, loads of XTR, early Hugi hubs (LOUD!), ceramic rims, Machine Tech brakes blah blah blah. The guy was given it, and he is giving it to his daughter to ride to school on :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'll give it a week before it gets stolen :(

walleater":30kttncb said:
We had a 94 Hei Hei in the shop that I manage for the last couple of days. CBR cranks, loads of XTR, early Hugi hubs (LOUD!), ceramic rims, Machine Tech brakes blah blah blah. The guy was given it, and he is giving it to his daughter to ride to school on :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'll give it a week before it gets stolen :(

Nooooooooo!!!! Why???!!??!?!? :facepalm:

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium Build - UPDATE!!

Ok... so here's some options... see below...

This is just a quick Mockup... I will be getting the steer on the powerlite extended next week so I just threw a nut on the top to hold the fork there

I may go for a black stem and black seat post (Syncros both) or paint the fork legs to match the stem...

Oh, and feel free to criticize me =)

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 343
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 343
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 343
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 345
Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium Build - UPDATE!!

Here's another pics.. This is NOT mine... it's a random rocky mountain titanium I found online... I like how it's all gray so I could go this route by painting the fork legs Ti colour and paiting race face crank arms the same... so the stem, fork legs, and crank arms all match...

not sure thought?

Attachments

• p4pb9102452.jpg
    p4pb9102452.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 339
Back