1994 Haro Impulse Comp

Conrads

Retro Guru
My brother has gifted me his Haro Impulse Comp as it's gathering dust (10+ years in his shed).

Has many parts on it I've gifted him over the years. Mag21 forks, Suntour Ergo Tech shifter/brake levers (the best 7/8spd set by far), XT u-brakes, SLX front brakes. Still has the original grips on it.

Nice mono stay, old sch 4130 steel, but boy is it a brick!!!!! Heaviest bike I currently have. I may delve into my store of wheels, cranks etc and shed some pork from this puppy.

Conrad

Attachments

• IMG_1535 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1535 (Medium).JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_1538 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1538 (Medium).JPG
    159 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_1537 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1537 (Medium).JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_1536 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1536 (Medium).JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_1539 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1539 (Medium).JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 642
Nice! I'd suggest it's more like 1991, and would have had a 400LX groupset originally. It is the same frame, though, as the higher end Haro Extreme with XT. Cool that you have the original grips and oversized bar/stem. I think the seat may be original, the cranks probably are too. Originally it would have had a fluro pink straight blade rigid fork.

You must be right on the 1991 year as it has 400LX front & rear D's (he brought it on close out). I think the cranks are my old ones I gave him (LX or DX level 74/110), I'll check the model number tomorrow. Yes it had the fluro pink forks, but those are sadly long gone (just like the old shifters).

Great project, love the bars. What size is it?

Never rode one, wouldnt mind trying one though :xmas-cool:

mark

Re:

Hi Mark,

It's a Medium 17.5 inch frame (bit small for me as I ride a 19"). Has a non std seat post but odd ball sized 26mm (needed to get my bro into the correct height position).
Brakes are like non-existent compared to my modern Hope Race X2 or XTR discs. :D :D
Forks improved the ride a lot from my memory. I gave my bro some Scott forks from 93 then the Mag 21s when I upgraded to a set of 99 SIDs.

The shifter/brake (best lever bend ever) combo is the bomb for dumping lots of gears, only matched by my XTR Di2 25 years later!!!!

Conrad

Re:

That's awesome! I used to ride a 89 Haro team master & a 91 Haro sport bmx the decals look more like the 89 /90 decals but that was on the bmx bikes. Look forward to seeing how it comes along

Back