1994 GT Zaskar LE Updated 12/06/20 Page 2

Re:

Right, this is my 2nd furlough build. Having most of an M570 gold groupset (just needed to source the appropriate front mech), I thought the black Zaskar the perfect bike to hang it on. I decided to buy gold outer brake and gear cables to give it some bling, and some gold alloy bolts and cable ends to finish it. Having the blue Z3 forks, I thought I add a bit of blue with the grips as well. Yes I know I need replacement decals, which I'll replace at some point in the future. The bar ends are GT's own, and the crankset is a Raceface one, that was yellow, but the paint was scuffed etc. so a while ago it got stripped back to bare metal. It had cross my mind to paint it gold, but that may a bit too far.

Attachments

• 1994 Zaskar LE.jpg
    1994 Zaskar LE.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 315
Re:

Really nice

I'd buy some bar plugs and change the chain (that rusty look hurts my teeth) but great otherwise

Re: Re:

coomber":2s9iw0tg said:
Really nice

I'd buy some bar plugs and change the chain (that rusty look hurts my teeth) but great otherwise

It's not rusty, it's a KMC gold chain. I've put some bar plugs in now as well.

Re:

Yeah I know it's not rusty. It's that gold rust colour. Just not my thing. Won't notice it in winter though when Devon turns to slop again.

Back