1994 DEAN Titanium

Re: 1994 Dean Ti updated 27/9: off-road again!

I was just kidding about the swap. ;-)

Nice bike you made of it. When I looked at the pictures of it the first time, it made me smile because it remembered me of my younger days. Spending all my "pocket-money" just to have the latest set of Ti Ringlé skewers, USE seatpost or other Tioga Disk drives. :)

I think the Machine Tech levers are the only things I still have, all the other things I got rid of due to lack of space. I'll ask my brother, maybe he has some other things but I doubt it.

I will take some pictures of them (if I can find them...).

Nice to know the bike still exists and is in the hands of someone who really knows it's value (not only it's price...). About the price: this frame was, back in 1994, sold for I believe 110.000 Belgian Franks (in Euro that is 2750; back then that was more than an average monthly salary...)

Re:

these are the (completely machined) Machine Tech levers (for canti's). The brake cable can be put in it in 5 different positions to change responsiveness of the brakes.

I also have a Flite Evolution saddle (the one in carbon with Ti rails) but that is still in use on my 1998 Colnago Master Extra Light road bike. ;-)

2j8xmr.jpg

Re:

Those levers look pretty awesome :cool: , do the actual cantis to go with those exist as well?

I completely recognize the feeling you're describing, which is exactly what got me into this hobby (and onto this forum): all the stuff that was way out of my price range back in the early 90's is now in reach and actually still available.. :D !
Modern mountainbikes all look alike: if you remove the decals, you wouldn't be able to tell brand 'A' from a brand 'B', I guess. Not to mention those 29'ers..

Don't get me wrong: I'm not against change, just as long as it's not mountainbike-related :LOL: ;)

Are you actually sitting on one of those Flite Evo's? Must be a pain, or not?

Haha, yes the same reason I sold recently my "modern" roadbike and stuff for (I stopped mountainbiking years ago, although it was my first and will be my last sport). I dumped my CAAD 10 and bought a 1991 Colnago Master. It was instant love and now I have 4 steel Colnago's, a steel Carrera and (for my wife) an aluminium VITUS, all from the 90's. :)

The Flite Evo is my best saddle. Once it's in the right position, I don't even feel it's there.

These were the canti's to go with the levers. I had two pair of these but really can't remember what I've done with them... They can still be found on the internet but it seems they cost as much now as then (100 euro per set).

qxjb4y.jpg

O yes, if you want the levers, just send me "some" offer (I'm not asking for those rediculous ebay-prices...) and I will send them to you. They have been in a box for ages right now and knowing they would be on the bike they were originally bought for, would be nice. ;-)

Re:

Hi :),

I've been really enjoying riding my DEAN the past few weeks.
After acquiring a donor bike equipped with full m900 in good condition, I decided to swap the current kit on my DEAN for that, to bling it a bit and to see what that looks like (I've always thought m900 and Ti go well together!).
Free time is scarce lately, but today my daughter took two longer-than-expected naps, which provided me with the opportunity to exchange the cranks, cantis and wheels.

p5pb13500405.jpg

p5pb13500403.jpg

There's still a wee bit of cleaning polishing to do :)

p5pb13500389.jpg

p5pb13500390.jpg

p5pb13500388.jpg

I even got all the original XTR cables:

p5pb13500394.jpg

Liking it thus far, even though the looks are completely different (less colorful) :cool:

p5pb13500395.jpg

Mechs are up next. This will require a bit more time, since I'm a newbie when it comes to mech cabling :oops:, but I'm looking forward to that.

Thanks for watching :D!

Re: 1994 DEAN Titanium - swapping to XTR

Looking great, xtr does suite the bike well ,,can't beat Ti may have to put a dean back on the wish list...

Back