1994 DBS Kilimanjaro E-Stay -= Norwegian Steel =-

I'd love to get an idea of this bikes age

The frame stickers would suggest that the STX is original, which would put it 1994 earliest. And it's pre-entry-level-V-brake, so no later than 97ish.

ptr138":1pcncf1s said:
Never seen a Kilimanjaro e-stay. Plenty of old Kilimanjaro's here in Sweden though.

Some wiki info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_Beste_Sykkel

"The best bike" Solid name thought up by a 12-year old :)

My first 2-wheeled bike was a pink/black BMX-style DBS. Probably 1986-87.

Hi :) I have been googling Den Beste Sykkel all arvo looking for info on this thing.. there are some really cool old DBS things out there.. Big old Ladies roadsers from the 60's, heaps of short lowdowns of the company, one guy on flickr with a DBS mtb that looks nothing like mine and then this guy

http://www.dbs-cykel.se/

I can't read a word of it but check out the website.. it makes me want to break onto song!

mmm... black and pink. My first skateboard was black and pink. Only the really cool kids could pull off a pink ride ;) or that's what I told myself at the time :LOL:

MikeD":302lykxb said:
I'd love to get an idea of this bikes age

The frame stickers would suggest that the STX is original, which would put it 1994 earliest. And it's pre-entry-level-V-brake, so no later than 97ish.

That's a start! :D

Is there a shimano timeline anywhere that one can look at to get an idea of what was what and when?

My gut wants to say 96.. but that's just my gut. It doesn't know any better and it's full of curry so I should probably ignore it.

Sent a couple of photos to DBS and this reply today.

The bike was made in Norway, Sandnes in 1993/94.
The name of the bike was: DBS Killimanjaro.
This is al the info we have on this bike, we dont have catalog and information, nomore.

So 94 it is. A little earlier than I had thought. Even with the 94 shimano kit I was betting the bike was a year or so later than that.

Result.

Back