Which Forks Pace or Rock Shox

• RC35s of course!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mag 21 - keep it USA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anthony":akhv59l3 said:
nporternz":akhv59l3 said:
hmm i understand what you mean there anthony - i measured all three forks this morning from the bottom of the axle to the bottom of the crown race.

rc35 440mm
mag21 430mm
project 2 420mm

so does that mean the p2 will work fine?
Well I could have sworn that was a 39cm P2, but now I look at the picture more closely, .... well of course it's a very poor quality photo, how can I be expected to ..., etc. Hmmmm.

I think you've proved that the P2 will give similar geometry to the other two forks, and I would guess that the frame is suspension-adjusted, in which case any of those three forks would work in line with the designer's intentions. I was suggesting taking the bb drop as an indication of whether it is suspension adjusted.

haha yeah it is a pretty awful photo!! will update soon as a few things have changed thanks to members on here!!!

lots of ti bolts on the way too!!

Hmmm...looked at the pic's, but I wonder if the frame is suspension corrected.. Maybe up to 420mm forks, but with the Pace and Rock Shox it looks not steep enough... I would (also) go for the rigid.. Or look for a low susser like a M3....?

What year is the frame ? 1993/1994 or newer ?

So what did you go for in the end, I always used AMP F3 forks on mine and felt they really complemented the frame.

In the end I went with the P2. But the project has somewhat stalled due to the suntour cassette I ordered never turning up and not being able to find another one

time to resurrect this thread I feel....

i now have a suntour cassette on its way! so that was the final piece of the puzzle missing

217rims being laced to xc pro hubs with ti spokes and black nipples.

Tune stem now holding a USE handle bar in black

Still not sure what seatpost to use - maybe a USE or USE Ti to match stem.

Forks going gloss black to match bars and stem.

Ti bolts throughout and ti axles added to onzas, gore cables going in soon through black machintech hangers!!

will get photos up soon

Back