1994 American Bicycle Manufacturer M16 build thread

First real ride on the American today. Wow, what a bike. Fits me perfectly a true small I’ve never ridden a switchblade and was pretty surprised how much it soaked up too. This thing is fast. I swore I gave up trigger shifters, but these XTRs shift so well, had a blast. Honestly, if I had to pick one of my bikes to show up somewhere and be old guy fast on a vintage mtb, I’d pick this bike. IMG_6978.jpeg IMG_6975.jpeg IMG_6976.jpeg

First real ride on the American today. Wow, what a bike. Fits me perfectly a true small I’ve never ridden a switchblade and was pretty surprised how much it soaked up too. This thing is fast. I swore I gave up trigger shifters, but these XTRs shift so well, had a blast. Honestly, if I had to pick one of my bikes to show up somewhere and be old guy fast on a vintage mtb, I’d pick this bike. View attachment 838497View attachment 838498View attachment 838499
It looks awesome!! That crank/fork combination is sharp....and yes, they are fast :D I love mine.

Getting the hang of mine too. It does have a very snappy feel... and if you ride a lot of steel you really notice how much stiffer and lighter this frame feels. I am still not 100% convinced is a keeper though but I am only on my 2nd ride. So who knows...😅

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back