1993 Teesdale Brave Warrior Chief

John":1x4onlbd said:
The project thus far looks like it'd be a BoTM contender any month. Don't ever recall seeing a Brave in the UK, don't think they ever made it here BUT they seemed to get featured (or advertised, I forget) in MBA a fair bit.

Did the frame come bare from Teesdale? What was the story with it. That paint looks :cool: , super box fresh!
The story is the frame was built and painted but never built into a complete bike according to Tom T. He stripped it for some reason and never painted it. It was one of the last Braves built before the company broke up.

I think the best thing about the paint is if I ever get a scratch all I need is some black touch up paint and you will never know.

that looks fantastic! :cool: :cool:

although doesn't Mr K have one of these? obviousley not in this paint scheme though, seem to remember seeing it at OWMTBC09

sandmangts":2exav63n said:
neilll":2exav63n said:
Neat....I've been watching your thread over on VRC and waiting to see these pix, are you pleased with how it turned out?
I couldn't be happier. I had a Brave a long time ago, one of my first "real" mountain bikes. I saw this frame and got lucky. I got it straight from Tom Teesdale himself. According to him there were 5 Chiefs built. He provided the original decals. Cyclart did the original artwork for Brave Cycles and they are 3 miles from my house. They did a fantastic job.

The build will consist of a barely used 1st gen XTR group, cranks, shifters, levers, deraillers and hubs. NOS Suntour Rollercams, NOS XT post (unless I can find an XTR). I always wanted something unique like this. I can't wait to get it built.

awesome...I remember the auction; think I even posted the geometry for it, that you got directly from TeT. Cycleart did a wonderful job.

Hello All,

First time poster. As luck would have it I came across this thread as I am cleaning up my very own Brave Warrior. I am shocked to find a thread showing such wonderful pics of another brave in all its glory - great job!

A little history of my brave (if your interested)

I purchased my brave from my brother in 1989 who was a cycle mechanic for "Split Sports, Manchester UK". He sold me the bike for a song ($200 if I remember correctly) as the owner wanted to spread the visability of the brave and me riding around on one was one way to do it. My bike came with a Mavic/Campag mixed group-set and was always a solid ride.

As life does, things changed over the next 20 years and the bike came with me to the USA when I became a citizen in 1993. We lived in California and for much of that time the bike sat at the side of the house untouched. We moved to WA in 2005 and again, I brought the bike along though I hadn't ridden it in almost 20 years.

Presently I am trying to get my now overweight body back in shape to compete on the Seattle to Portland, 200 mile fun run in July. I just dug the brave out of storage, squirted some oil on the movable parts and I was in business again. For about 20 minutes today, I was transformed back to the "moorland" of the UK as my brother and I bounced thru the freezing miles with endless energy. The only pair of brave bicycles in the UK at that time... :) ... great memories.

Great to see another brave around!

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,527
Back