1993 Raleigh Activator 2

I agree go all out on it, chrome the frame :shock: and grind that arch off the back end :D

I liked the dark blue with black forks

johntomjoe":27fbqd1v said:
moultons..........yeh if your luck you can get one in need of restoration for £40
all the ones ive seen in wiltshire are closer to £100...not worth it

I found my last Moulton down the tip...

Often see activators too.

i understand most people think the activators shit,i suppose it is....but why do the elitist have to turn their noses up to everything else....oh and by the way taking from the tip without a licence is illegal

prices on bikes are different everywhere,and people seem to want more nowadays anyway

glad you were lucky with a freebie

johntomjoe":1thw51dw said:
i understand most people think the activators shit,i suppose it is....but why do the elitist have to turn their noses up to everything else....oh and by the way taking from the tip without a licence is illegal

prices on bikes are different everywhere,and people seem to want more nowadays anyway

glad you were lucky with a freebie

No, no it is not, nor do you need a license. Recycling centres can sell what they want, whether they do or not is down to them.Some Council run sites hide behind non existent legislation so they dont have to sell anything.

It is not elitism to turns ones nose up at a golden turd of a bicycle by the way. It is made of the lowest possible grade metal, badly welded together to make a barely passable pastiche of an 'all terrain bicycle' or 'mountain bike'. Slow, heavy, with awful steering form those forks and absolutely no fun to ride at all. It simply existed to cash in on a craze, jump on a bandwagon and be bought by parents who thought they were doing their kids a favour.

It is not elitism to turns ones nose up at a golden turd of a bicycle by the way. It is made of the lowest possible grade metal, badly welded together to make a barely passable pastiche of an 'all terrain bicycle' or 'mountain bike'. Slow, heavy, with awful steering form those forks and absolutely no fun to ride at all. It simply existed to cash in on a craze, jump on a bandwagon and be bought by parents who thought they were doing their kids a favour.

Sound of nail being hit firmly on head....

If elitism is valuing the effort and thinking that has been put into something to -

a) best suit it's purpose

b) look pleasing to the eye

c) appreciate the quality of the material and craftsmanship

Then I proudly declare myself an elitist! :D

Maybe Activators have their place but only as a control as to what can be achieved with a little thought...

im ending my part of this debate,discussion or just slagging off with
my view as i dont really care,dont want an expensive mtb ,not interested in using them off road or on proper trails...........

JUST HAVING FUN COLLECTING AND PLAYING,IM OVERWEIGHT AND ALWAYS WILL BE,EXERCISE LOTS,WORK HARD,DONT SMOKE OR DRINK AND BLOODY ENJOY LIFE,AND I NEVER BELITTLE ANYONE NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF SHITTY OR EXPENSIVE BIKE THEY OWN

johntomjoe":z4fgzz5a said:
im ending my part of this debate,discussion or just slagging off with
my view as i dont really care,dont want an expensive mtb ,not interested in using them off road or on proper trails...........

JUST HAVING FUN COLLECTING AND PLAYING,IM OVERWEIGHT AND ALWAYS WILL BE,EXERCISE LOTS,WORK HARD,DONT SMOKE OR DRINK AND BLOODY ENJOY LIFE,AND I NEVER BELITTLE ANYONE NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF SHITTY OR EXPENSIVE BIKE THEY OWN

You're taking it far too personally, no-one is belittling you, just the bike, its not your fault raleigh brought it out. Whats your idea of an 'expensive MTB' anyway? This has cost £15 so far and there are many other cheapies on here with a little time and patience:

fromagenated_733.jpg

Theres plenty more rewarding fish in the sea.

i do take things to heart a lot, i like ugly or different bikes/cars etc,im not that into mtbs and the technical side of whats the best kit,suspension,forks,brakes etc
everyone goes for something dependable or named,or originaly top dollar

i just want to preserve some of the crappier models as well as better ones,even if it is just to show how good or bad british engineering could be

i agree you can get some cheapies, i paid for a couple of my bikes by buying a kona for £20 and selling for £70

ive tried to get stuff from the tips near me but they wont sell even when i flash a couples of tenners at them! perhaps like you say its a council thing

It really annoys me when someone will not give someone something so that it will then be used (and therefore stop them buying a newly produced thing), and they would rather just let it be crushed/recycled - even more so when they can make a tenner out of it. Wasteful.

Latest posts

Back