1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Jussa":e1b4jm8w said:
Will weigh it over next few days :)
Probably take that long.

But if it puts a smile on your face, and gives you happy memories, then you have to say, that's largely what retrobike is for.

Searching yell.com for my local Heavy Goods Vehicle Weigh-Bridge :) Apologies for any Seismic Shift over the next few days ;)............

Yeah agree neil it is a bit of fun and ive enjoyed the banter however one thead is cool, if lots of threads of mustangs, giants, ya de ya de ya started to clog up the boards it would be a shame.

clockworkgazz":rsjssqj9 said:
Yeah agree neil it is a bit of fun and ive enjoyed the banter however one thead is cool, if lots of threads of mustangs, giants, ya de ya de ya started to clog up the boards it would be a shame.
1. Is that really likely to happen?

2. Threads like this (analogous to BOTM votes, I suppose) prosper, or dwindle, largely as a result of popularity and controversy. With less of the churlishness, they would likely get about the level of attention they deserve.

Is it likely to happen?

I don't know- no-one knows do they or if they do, give me the lottery numbers whilst your at it.

Has it been churlish? Didn't think it had but thats the trouble with the written word it can be easy to read to much/little into a post.

Anyway slap some M900 on the heap and chuck it in to BoTM lad.

theres room for this on retrobike
also maybe a first bike bso (or whatever) BOTM ,should be run .
i realise the bike snobs would pour scorn on this ,but the reality is a good percentage of us bought these things to start with (raliegh maurauder for me ) it dont matter that they were a bit limited as proper off road bicycles
they got a lot of us into the nonsence that continues ,and as such have a place in MTB history

i will buy an activator and build it with quality parts ,just to see , thats a promise

ouch banker boy

rip my heart out with a spatula and feed it back to me

btw ,your GT and you know it :LOL:

clockworkgazz":g40wt2jo said:
Is it likely to happen?

I don't know- no-one knows do they or if they do, give me the lottery numbers whilst your at it.
Um, there's quite a difference between probability and certainty.
clockworkgazz":g40wt2jo said:
Has it been churlish?
Not all of it - but there certainly has been a degree of it and acidity.

That in itself, probably creates more attention and debate - and perhaps fear from some - than the subject perhaps truly warrants. The fear that it might take over or become a much more frequent topic, does truly seem to worry some, but yet they seem quite short-sighted in not realising that their reflexive posturing gives the concept more wings than if they left it alone and focused on topics and bikes that do float their gondola.

Had this been a cool wall thread then there's nothing in here thats out there.
Given that it's someones thread about their own bike, some of it could easily be seen as offensive even.

Back