1993(?) Orange Clockwork

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
a friend asked me to do some work on his bike but then decided to sell it, he's pretty much left it with me to sell it!

so here it is, i think this is 1993 model, it's in what i would describe as good used condition so expect scratches etc, it needs a good clean but basically it's fine with the exception of a dodgy left hand shifter, it will push up to the top ring but struggles to stay there, frankly i haven't got time to look into it but i suspect the shifter needs the covers removing, cleaning and then oiling to get the pawls in the ratchet moving again, but i can't be sure this is the case so it may need replacing.

it's a mix of deore lx and deore dx, 21 speed, dx hubs, magic 231 rims with blue nipples, dx sti, it has had it's bar/stem and post replaced though which is not ideal but it's easton stuff and the bar is actually carbon so i consider this a bonus really!

it would also make a good donor if you need most of a dx group set most of it would clean up, just needs the elbow grease

it's 17" frame

any way, i'd rather not mess about posting so you're welcome to collect it from or where i work, which is Fawley or Hythe which is on the edge of the new forest not far from southampton.

he's asked me to see if i can get £175 but i'm willing to listen to offers and pout them to him.

don't really want to strip it but if someone wants the frame and fork then it'll be considered.

here's some pics

Untitled by Dr. Branom, on Flickr