1993 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer - Bamboo

I owned this same bike.
WTR, green bamboo, Suntour XC Microdrive, came in the low 20 lb range. Awesome climber. Was stolen out of my truck in the mid 90's in Toronto.
I miss that bike and would get another in a heart beat. Replaced it with another WTR but it was just off the rack; the Bamboo was measured and built by Jeff to fit me.
I'm off to look for photos. . . . .
Rob

DVPmincer":1in2jv93 said:
I owned this same bike.
WTR, green bamboo, Suntour XC Microdrive, came in the low 20 lb range. Awesome climber. Was stolen out of my truck in the mid 90's in Toronto.
I miss that bike and would get another in a heart beat. Replaced it with another WTR but it was just off the rack; the Bamboo was measured and built by Jeff to fit me.
I'm off to look for photos. . . . .
Rob

you don't appear to be at all bitter about the above theift all those years ago.....dunno if I could be so graceful as you

(I'm by no means questioning the current owners integraty here)

look forward to seeing a few snaps if you come across them

Mine came from Chico delivered to me in 1993. I don't think the above poster was meaning it's the exact bike. :)

Sorry about the loss of your bike Rob but would love to see some pics of another Bamboo Goat!

Thanks! It's such a great everyday ride but not enough for rocky and rooted single track although it still has never let me down.

Shep15":2n04u2ib said:
Mine came from Chico delivered to me in 1993. I don't think the above poster was meaning it's the exact bike. :)

Sorry about the loss of your bike Rob but would love to see some pics of another Bamboo Goat!

:oops: + :facepalm:

My beloved Goat has been replaced and is going up for sale. I'll clean it up and post detailed pics soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Back