1993 Marin Team Issue - £160 BIN Derby

manc_lad

Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Little rough with a dink but full of XT and nice rims. Sure this won't stick around for long.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lots of strippers and flippers around.
Strippers enable the restorers to breathe new life into old bikes, restorers in turn give people the chance to enjoy those revitalized bikes, flippers are just bargain finders who are prepared to roll the dice, and they can only sell things for whatever someone's prepared to pay. It's a complex eco system but all the players have their place in this hobby of ours. We aren't talking about people traffickers, there are no unwilling victims. If it's all done openly and honestly I see no harm in any of it.

It's an expensive past time and sometimes you need to generate funds for the next project, I've turned bikes into profit either complete or as parts for that reason just as I've given others away for free, this entire site is built around that principle.

The only part of the eco system that I have an issue with, and strangely it's something that's very rarely brought up here, is the thievery, I mean most of us have had a bike stolen, I wonder how many of the parts put up for sale on here have been stripped from stolen bikes? How many of us have unwillingly helped thieves profit from their crimes? That's where any ire should really be directed, not at those who honestly contribute in their own way, whether their motivation be the love of bikes or of money.

No issue with it. Your post makes sense. Just saying it might not stick around for long.

Knowing my projections, it'll be on here next Christmas!

Last edited:
Back