1993 Marin Palisades Trail

Very nice find indeed! I remember buying a Marin Pine Mountain brand new way back in 1993 that had the same colour finish as yours. It was one of the best bikes I have ever owned and was used daily and at weekend for years until it died. The picture I have uploaded is of a build I done this year for my wife as a 49th birthday surprise! I bought it as a frame on Evil Bay for £40 because it reminded my of my beloved old Pine. It cost me around £250 to build up in the end with good parts and I remember her saying that I could have bought a brand new bike at Halfords for that sort of money!!! But alas she has seen the light after riding it. Its a clean original Bobcat I think. The frame had a few chips that I easily painted with a model enamal battle ship grey matt paint that matched perfectly. The forks are 1998 Manitou SX Ti, bought as a spare by the first owner and hardly ever used. Stem is Syncros, chainset is LX, shifters are 1993 7 speed XT, brakes are 1993 XT cantis, levers are 1993 XT, rear mech is XT, Mavic 221 wheels with kevlar 1.95 Mythos tyres. Althought not built up as a lightweight, its weighs just over 26lb which is not bad! My wife loves it as its such a smooth comfortable ride. PS good luck with your build and trust me, you are in for a pleasent surprise when you first take it out for a ride and these early steely Marins are a very nice ride!!! :D

Attachments

• marin.jpg
    marin.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,572
hi all
for fans of battleship grey. here's my marin. bought it for parts but decided it was too nice to do that to. is on the small side for me but ride it anyway.
p.s. what's a `tip'????? :oops:
roy

Attachments

• Marin Pallisade 001.JPG
    Marin Pallisade 001.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,474
could any of you guys tell me what seatpost size these things take please?

just picked up one of these badboys!

Back