1993 Manitou HT

Giom6":2bex0gud said:
It's a shame that as I think it would have sold long ago if it didn't have that.

Knowing Rich though there won't be anything iffy about it...

True, that the guy selling it may be a sound chap, but who truly knows the history of a 20 year old frame before you buy it? I've been stopped by the police for riding a santa cruz in the early hours of the morning and for the way I looked. So the cops pre judging me, pulled me over asked me if I was riding a stolen bike. They then ran the serial number of my 97 heckler through their database... Anyway, if I'd flipped my bike over and showed them that the serial number had been removed like the manitou then they would have probably taken my bike.

Good point well put.

If Rich still has contact details of the previous seller I reckon somebody could find out what happened to it. I have to admit its a very, very odd thing to do :?

Personally don't see what the fuss is about, this is a very rare and especially as its not cracked frame a bloody bargain from a long standing and trusted member here. Unlikely to be ridden in the early hours of the morning, is it??

And as for the police, they never seem to struggle selling previously stolen items in there auctions of which most bikes have probably had this done.

Or

You could always wait for one with a serial number that is cracked to come along for similar money and buy that.

Back