1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

Re:

My profession is drilling things on a small scale (teeth to be exact) so I like to think I have a steady hand :shock:

Oh wow

Perhaps you know my old dentist an Irish chap by the name of Phil McCavity?

Sorry :facepalm:

Re:

A couple of things achieved today...

Firstly handlebars: I had to go with carbon bars and wanted one's that showed the carbon weave, so found some old Easton's in good condition but the lacquer was chipped.

31165804627_1251230751_c.jpg

I didn't want any logo's on the bars and the only way to restore the bars was to sand off the lacquer and re-do it..so

31165804027_2e5cf9def3_c.jpg

240 grit paper in the Mouse sander...You can see where I have stripped the right but left the left for comparison.

Your proper going for it, are you going to have them re coated with a fresh layer of clear coat ?

Re:

Secondly, the seatpost has arrived. Went for a USE copy from China as the width is 31.6. Very happy with the quality of it. So fitted the saddle I am going to use and tried it in the frame to see if it looks right....It does :D

45193589185_2af7ab2fb8_c.jpg

As you can see I am busy sanding and filling the frame ready for it's respray

Retro Spud":zpnqaekf said:
Your proper going for it, are you going to have them re coated with a fresh layer of clear coat ?

Yep, will do at the same time as the frame

Re: Re:

yakboy":29m55fxk said:
Secondly, the seatpost has arrived. Went for a USE copy from China as the width is 31.6. Very happy with the quality of it. So fitted the saddle I am going to use and tried it in the frame to see if it looks right....It does :D

45193589185_2af7ab2fb8_c.jpg

As you can see I am busy sanding and filling the frame ready for it's respray

Gratuitous T2 split shot :cool:

G

Re:

What can I say I like my campers retro too :D Needed a background to show off the post as the rest of the garage is so messy full of bike or VW parts :shock:

what is it, may I ask?

We were "this close" to committing to an early bay not so long ago, then we had a baby and moved to a bigger house with a bigger mortgage, and SHITE loads of work to do on it, so it literally went out the (safari) windows

My brother has a mint (and i mean NEVER welded and concourse) '66 SO42 which is lush

G

Latest posts

Back