1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

Re:

Thanks for the info guys....Grrrrr...now have a very expensive(but rather beautiful) Campy 8 speed cassette that I can't use....

Re: Re:

yakboy":2pkw0bk4 said:
Thanks for the info guys....Grrrrr...now have a very expensive(but rather beautiful) Campy 8 speed cassette that I can't use....

Ahmmmm! I could find a good home for it! ;)

Re: Re:

PeachyPM":1r7pvdxu said:
yakboy":1r7pvdxu said:

Ahmmmm! I could find a good home for it! ;)

I'm sure you could but you've got to put your money into that Man Cave of yours :D

Re:

Right more carbon and titanium goodness...

When choosing the bottom bracket like an absolute twonk I never considered that the Syncros crankset would need a different length to the XT one previously fitted. So when it came to fitting the cranks I discovered that the front derailleur wouldn't go out far enough.. so a message to My Teenage Self (who must be getting sick of my stupid questions by now but is infinitely patient) who via Sheldon Brown identified that I would need a 108mm and not a 122mm which was fitted. The 122 was a hollow CroMo and with carbon shell and wasn't too expensive...so just for the hell of it I started looking at Titanium and Carbon BB's and this popped up....

48062620301_236220e660_c.jpg

I'm afraid it was in the basket before you could say "Titanium Nitride Axle" and 160g.

So fitted tonight

48062671498_ba9820dced_c.jpg

Really happy, but boy clearance is tight on those Magura's :shock:

48062671258_b75d346bef_c.jpg

It's a good job you've got nice low gearing, otherwise the torque through the cranks might be an issue with that clearance :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

OK final Lotus conundrum.. decals.
The prototype Lotus monocoque had decals like this..

48257628836_29f5341756_c.jpg

Which I think looked a bit too big and clumsy..

The British Eagle builds had decals like this..

48137120171_2637d5aa61_c.jpg

Which while less clumsy I feel are a little too small and apologetic..so I wanted a size inbetween, so Gil_M to the rescue..but now I have a dilemma where to site them, do I go for prototype Lotus..

48257625686_20455e41dd_c.jpg

Or British Eagle position....

48257626171_bdc36e259e_c.jpg

Any opinions? I am erring towards the British Eagle position (sounds like some wildly patriotic Karma Sutra :shock: )

Re:

I know it might be a bit late but how about the British Eagle position but curved to match the frame profile. Otherwise as you have it in the British Eagle position. (must stop saying British Eagle position)

Back