1993 Kona Kilauea

Bullpup":8bsep8xd said:
Isn't it more likely to be an American car colour or should that be color?

I might be showing some ignorance here but in thought most car colours worldwide were RAL coded? Not sure. But it's unlikely I'd get an exact match I think.

jinjrich":2buqg8bm said:
Bullpup":2buqg8bm said:
Isn't it more likely to be an American car colour or should that be color?

I might be showing some ignorance here but in thought most car colours worldwide were RAL coded? Not sure. But it's unlikely I'd get an exact match I think.

I agree - I was just making a point about not expecting it to be a Rover / BL colour.

Lovely looking frame. Shame about the mishap.

An exact match might be tricky but, get something close & at least it will help prevent rust

Enjoy your build.. :cool:

There is a paint shop here that will match any colour.
I doubt they are open at the moment.
Wait till a similar place is open in your area and they should be able to match any colour.
Son bought this Astra Sportive van and it had been resprayed an unknown colour.
The chap got this special device, forgotten it's proper name now but he matched the colour spot on.

Kona-Ian":1jzoh8s8 said:
There is a paint shop here that will match any colour.
I doubt they are open at the moment.
Wait till a similar place is open in your area and they should be able to match any colour.
Son bought this Astra Sportive van and it had been resprayed an unknown colour.
The chap got this special device, forgotten it's proper name now but he matched the colour spot on.

Thanks... and thanks all for the comments

Reckon I'll follow your advice and do this when lockdown lifts. The frame is in amazing condition for its age so I reckon it's worth a little effort.

Re:

:cool:

Looking forward to seeing it built up :)

Hope you mange to get some paint for touch-ups!

Cheers

Coming together now. I have all the parts except brakes, BB and tubes!

0SGZDw1.jpg

Back