1993 Klein Attitude-Moonrise (updated pics & specs pg 5)

Just a quick question for you (and the other Klein gurus out there).

If your original Attitude was a 20" and the compensation fork is for that frame (which was stolen), isn't the steerer going to be too long for this frame that you now had.

The reason I ask is that I thought that the steerers were specific to each sized frame due the the different headtube length and bearing spacing - but I could be wrong too...

SF Klein":3n56gnhr said:
On the fading subject....OUCH! Do you know if Moonrise is more susceptible to fading than Gator or Horizon? I've never seen a faded Gator or Horizon so I wonder if those colors resist fading better or if their owners just take better care of them ;)

My 93 Gator Attitude has some very slight fading on the top tube from 16 years being ridden in the Australian sun, but its not that noticable.

SF Klein":350vqrvw said:
Ugh, you're right. :evil: From memory, the 18" & 19" models shared the same head tube length and the 20-21" were another size. My LBS wasn't ready to handle the fork switch w/o knowing I had another set of headset bearings but I need to dig that fork out of the garage first and confirm what I have. Remember, my original '93 never had the rigid fork mounted because it came with the Rock Shox instead, so until I know for sure, I'll remain hopeful that perhaps Klein might have messed up my order even more and perhaps sent a fork that will fit the 19" frame I now have. :)

how long is the steerer tube of your rigid fork? i think the length for a 20" MC1 frame is 120mm. if it is that long, it will not fit your 19" frame because of the elevation for the upper bearing. would be working on a MC2 (you could cut the steerer tube, although the fork rake differs for the different frame sizes). the steerer tubes for MC1 were only the same for 18 and 19", all others were different. i doubt that there was 21" sizing available already to MC1 frames.

if i were you, i would not change the fork, even if the new one is a 20".
the paint chip seems to be a minor one on the bike and you are going to ride it...
so you have a risk for more paint chips in the new fork by riding or even mounting the new fork into the frame, especially when it is done by someone who is not doing this on a very regular basis...
just my point of view...

Back