1993(?) GT RTS - New Shox

Update:

Some bargain (feel like i stole them) SIDS picked up from here. Less travel but much smoother than the XLs. Bit more flex, but not noticeable over XC riding.

Getting 65mm out of them and 3/4 of the rear from a mixed (including step riding) XC blast. Anyone know what travel they should be?

Risse Rear + SID front = :cool:

Few pics after a rinse:
DSC01166.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

Ahhhh! man that is sooooooooooooooo nice I love the RTS bikes my first full susser was an RTS-3 and I loved it. Your one is just gorgeous nice build and love the colour scheme stunning!! :D ;)

Compared to the old noleen piggy-back it's great, but the old shock had a lack of damping & damping adjustment.

It's much smoother / responsive and i'm yet to bottom it out. The old shock was always reaching full travel.

For what i paid (a smidge over £100) it's great but if i could choose from all the risse shocks off the shelf i'd consider going for the Astro-5 as it's adjustable.

Import taxes etc ruled out a new shock.

The quality of this shock is what made me upgrade the fronts.

spacehopper":pw56lem9 said:
nice! :D

not sure about the Triple clamps though... have seen another RTS on here with modernish Fox forks.... they might suit? or perhaps a 100mm reba or similar if they have canti mounts still?

and glad to see the Risse shock went to a good home! ( i also bid on it! )
i shall have one... one day!
for now ill have to make do with modifying my piggyback noleen with an Air Valve.. ala RC300 :LOL:

do BETD still have spares then? as they dont have anything listed on their site in the RTS section.. :(

That's he way to do it! ;)

Re:

Can someone please explain the difference between the 3 types of rear shox from Risse?

The travel is the same, weight is different but what more?

I know this is an old thread but I am also looking for a nice new shock to suit my RTS-1. I have made many thoughts about the Risse and it seems the only option to replace the original one.

I have tried to find it on eBay but not found it yet (yes new from Risse but only for other bikes, not the GT RTS).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back